GSXR1000 wanted to race me - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-01-2009, 3:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Send a message via AIM to SLEEPYDUB
GSXR1000 wanted to race me

i said no lol

He was like...
"this yo bike?"
yea
"wanna race?"
no...i dont race my bike, especially on the street
"i meant from one end of the road to the other" (mind you this is clyde fant parkway and its long and curvy....eff that)
um...no...ive never rode with you and it would take alot of riding with someone b4 i trusted them that much...plus theres no way im racing on the street...at night...where you could easily take these corners at over 120...
"well man were going to a motorcycle saftey course blah blah blah blah"
Really? you just asked me to race, but your going to this class???
"yea i run an organization her........

And thats when i stop listening...wtf man? You wanna street race me, then ask me to take a class with you??? And join your organization???
I dont mind cruising, or going to a track, but i value my life...And if i want to take the corners like a madman, ill do it by myself thank you, i dont need somebody to help me die

Comments? Advice? Story telling time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-01-2009, 5:44 AM

Re: GSXR1000 wanted to race me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
i said no lol

He was like...
"this yo bike?"
yea
"wanna race?"
no...i dont race my bike, especially on the street
"i meant from one end of the road to the other" (mind you this is clyde fant parkway and its long and curvy....eff that)
um...no...ive never rode with you and it would take alot of riding with someone b4 i trusted them that much...plus theres no way im racing on the street...at night...where you could easily take these corners at over 120...
"well man were going to a motorcycle saftey course blah blah blah blah"
Really? you just asked me to race, but your going to this class???
"yea i run an organization her........

And thats when i stop listening...wtf man? You wanna street race me, then ask me to take a class with you??? And join your organization???
I dont mind cruising, or going to a track, but i value my life...And if i want to take the corners like a madman, ill do it by myself thank you, i dont need somebody to help me die

Comments? Advice? Story telling time?
You did the wise thing. Under certain conditions, you can get away with aggressive riding on the street(I didn't say it was legal!) as many bikers and car fanatics do in the moutains and other unpopulated areas. But the road you described is just like Hwy 90 around the South side of the Lake Ponchatrain. (you might have even driven there before) It connects Slidell and New Orleans. I absolutely love that highway with 100MPH+ knee scrapers. But I had to quit going with large groups of bikes back there. 6 times I have been riding with people and they have went off the road. 3 of them had to get take life-flights...But part of that reason is how long it takes an ambulance to get there, the fastest having been 24 mins. And it's 45 miles to the closest hospital. So I just stopped going that way with anybody, unless I fully trusted their riding ability. I need it on my conscience that somebody died when I could have prevented it.

BTW- 100% of those accidents were due to the rider failed to negotiate a turn(lack of riding skill)
post #3 of 15 Old 02-01-2009, 1:29 PM Thread Starter

yea i know the road, but ive never been there.

i dont mind going fast around corners, but when i first meet you?? no thanks, ill tag along behind and watch you first lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-01-2009, 1:46 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Yeah i h8 ridin with someone new if they are gonna deffinately act like a squid from the jump. I had my sh!t pushed in commin to a stop b4 because a rider couldn't use his front brakes.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-02-2009, 1:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

I would have said yes. Give it just enough gas to make him really go and then when he's busy going as fast as he can, I'd take the next turn and go somewhere else away from him.
There's no way I would ever 'race' on the street. Ride fast a little here and there, but you have to have a safety margin on the street. What do you do if there's crap on the corner? What if a cager does something stupid? Racing on the street is only for people with a death wish.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-02-2009, 2:44 AM

Reputation Power: 16

good choice.. there's idiots all over the place..
post #7 of 15 Old 02-02-2009, 11:22 AM

What constitutes racing on the streets Sleepy?

Is it actually busy city streets, where there could be stationary traffic, pedestrians etc, or is it country lanes?
post #8 of 15 Old 02-02-2009, 3:18 PM Thread Starter

well this was a 2 lane road, no possible way of hitting on-coming traffic. Road is parallel to a 5 mile long jogging track. There is alot of cars on the road, but never traffic, and it was heading in the direction of downtown...cops everywhere...

I just would rather take it to a race track honestly...and the weird thing is, this guy sounds like hes really a good rider, and knows what hes doing, but yet he calls out a guy thats been riding a week (since i got my new bike) to race???

Just doesnt make sense to me
post #9 of 15 Old 02-02-2009, 9:31 PM

I dont see whats wrong with riding the bike how its made on the streets. There are a few rules I always take with me and never bend them, for any reason or anyone.

Rule one: Do it alone. Never have people riding with you just causes attraction, plus they might make a mistake and take you out. Besides im sure plenty of you have been pulled over full knowing you had been going fast, and the cop let you have a nice day. Let two of your friends been doing the same thing, and your in jail for reckless endangerment.

Rule two: If there are street lights stop signs, heavy traffic or pedestrians follow the law. You can not care about your life but in these areas you have other lives to worry about.

Rule three: No the road your on, know your skill, if your scared doing it stop it. Being scared might feel good in a twisted way but thats what is going to get you hurt.

So i give you props man, even if he sounded like a good rider so what, you dont need to fall into peer pressure. I ride for enjoyment, not so others can see me. Plus it sounds like you werent comfortable doing it so good for you. I promise you if you took all sportbike accidents and then eliminated those who broke these three easy rules there would not be many accidents at all. Dont be scared to enjoy the roads, just be smart about it.
post #10 of 15 Old 02-03-2009, 8:01 PM Thread Starter

exactly, thats what i needed to hear.
this same guy just tried to form an underground cannonball street racing organization...what a tool
post #11 of 15 Old 02-03-2009, 8:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

So he has limited life expectancy.
post #12 of 15 Old 02-05-2009, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
exactly, thats what i needed to hear.
this same guy just tried to form an underground cannonball street racing organization...what a tool

Let me guess his motto is "Burn Rubber not Your Soul". Calling this douche a Tool is an understatement.

You know when i watched Terminator (when i was like 12) I thought it would be cool to fight an army of Robots, and everytime i got shot I would just say "I learn to block out the pain". Went to Iraq a few times, f*ck robots it aint even fun with humans.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-05-2009, 5:38 PM

You know there would have been a cop right up the street too...
post #14 of 15 Old 02-06-2009, 6:01 PM

Reputation Power: 21

Send a message via MSN to Jetpilot07

you can't get away with it there that easily anymore.....I know, you did the right thing by blowing him off, what kinda shmuck syas,"hey wanna join and got to bike school" but in all honesty, i would've raced....but thats me
post #15 of 15 Old 03-16-2009, 12:10 PM

[quote=UcantCATCHme;767609]Snip! [quote]

Well said that man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page