New bike - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 4:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New bike

Hi

Just taken delivery of a CBR1000RR8 and wondered if anyone could help me with a little problem. I've just joined the site and would welcome some help! I want to fit some R&G crash bungs and need to remove the fairing to drill it and fit the bungs. The problem is I cant find out how to remove them owners manual says remove back fairing bolt and pull fairing. I have tried this but it seems not to want to come ......

Is it just me who is weak and too scared to do any damage ?? or do I need to undo some more bits

I also want to fit a gear indicator so need to remove the inner upper fairing (the one to the left-hand side of the instrument cluster, which evidentaly conceals the plug and play connection for an acumen digi 8). Any help would be most welcome. Regards, Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 5:25 PM

Re: New bike

from what i understand the left and right fairing and the nose is all one piece but don't quote me on that i do no they are a pain to work on though
post #3 of 12 Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Reputation Power: 16

every day i'm thankful for my 06...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-05-2009, 3:29 PM

Remove the lower fairing, its two screws i believe then pop it loose from the side fairings.

Remove the bolts in the side fairings, one on each side. Remove the air duct covers below the handle bars (three screws rivits). remove the lower plastic panel in the front (bottom of airducts 1 rivit)

Were the air duct meets the upper fairing in the front of the bike is velcrow, use a flat head to disconect.

Pull off the side fairing by pulling the ram air duct out of the airbox first and the fairing slides off.

This is in no ways difficult, wrote this on memory so might be an extra screw somewhere.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-05-2009, 3:50 PM

Reputation Power: 16

wow... good memory..
post #6 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 5:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCATCHme View Post
Remove the lower fairing, its two screws i believe then pop it loose from the side fairings.

Remove the bolts in the side fairings, one on each side. Remove the air duct covers below the handle bars (three screws rivits). remove the lower plastic panel in the front (bottom of airducts 1 rivit)

Were the air duct meets the upper fairing in the front of the bike is velcrow, use a flat head to disconect.

Pull off the side fairing by pulling the ram air duct out of the airbox first and the fairing slides off.

This is in no ways difficult, wrote this on memory so might be an extra screw somewhere.

Cheers thats great will have a go at the weekend as it looks like we will be snowed in!!!

Thanks Ian
post #7 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 8:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 196

Another Yorkshire lad , welcome to the site

It wasn't me, honest !
post #8 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Hi

I got the bike from your neck of the woods Miles Kingsport much better deal than the local Honda guys and very friendly

Ian
post #9 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 1:02 PM

I'll say that's about 10 minutes from my place. That said come summer you'll find me closer to your place, i'm often riding up there

It wasn't me, honest !
post #10 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 1:04 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
every day i'm thankful for my 06...
post #11 of 12 Old 02-06-2009, 2:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'll say that's about 10 minutes from my place. That said come summer you'll find me closer to your place, i'm often riding up there

We are between Northallerton and Thirsk often at Helmsley/Stokesley perhaps we could meet up
Looking forward to getting out on the Blade, but a bit of a jump from a CBR600Fi so will be taking things steady.................... Cant wait for the better weather only had it a week and I have about polished the paint off it. Went to the London bike show and lusted after loads of bling but her who MUST be obeyed said not now maybe later.......... (story of my life) but I'm working on her

All the best Ian
post #12 of 12 Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toth View Post
We are between Northallerton and Thirsk often at Helmsley/Stokesley perhaps we could meet up
Looking forward to getting out on the Blade, but a bit of a jump from a CBR600Fi so will be taking things steady.................... Cant wait for the better weather only had it a week and I have about polished the paint off it. Went to the London bike show and lusted after loads of bling but her who MUST be obeyed said not now maybe later.......... (story of my life) but I'm working on her

All the best Ian
I'll be up for a meet one day mate, do you ever go to the Farmyard Party at Helmsley ?

It wasn't me, honest !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page