your thoughts on the 2010 blade - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 02-17-2009, 4:18 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-08-2009
Location: Haughton, Louisiana currently in Iraq.
Age: 45
Posts: 1,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
               
Send a message via MSN to Jetpilot07
your thoughts on the 2010 blade

as most of you know, the past 9 years have brought us numerous new models and paint work for the blade. Every two years we've seen new models or upgraded ones.

what's in store next?

a factory 200 HP litre bike?

all new design?

what do you think and what would you like to see as far as model changes and performance changes?
Jetpilot07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 4:36 AM
 
Join Date: 01-24-2009
Location: south australia
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

different engine configuration v4 v5? they probably try some thing different like yamahas cross plain crankshaft im sure there will be some more tech updates i hope for a single swing arm and a more aggressive paint scheme
what ever the updates you can guarantee i will want one!
repsolrider07 is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 8:02 AM
 
Join Date: 06-30-2007
Location: SE London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59
                     
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

I hope to see a better rear end and also better position of the exhaust.

Some reason the newer bikes being released are getting to "square" like and they are loosing their looks. I know some will say Superbikes are not for looks, but I think a part of it is.

I hope they bring a V4 out, but I doubt they can ever replace the Inline 4. Maybe a new model?

"Second is the first of the losers..."
Twincam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 9:06 AM
 
Join Date: 11-10-2008
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

same bike as 08 and 09 with different colors
TroyBoy30 is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 9:25 AM
 
Join Date: 06-23-2008
Location: San Diego
Age: 39
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13
   
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
I hope to see a better rear end and also better position of the exhaust.

Some reason the newer bikes being released are getting to "square" like and they are loosing their looks. I know some will say Superbikes are not for looks, but I think a part of it is.

I hope they bring a V4 out, but I doubt they can ever replace the Inline 4. Maybe a new model?
Looks are in the eyes of the beholder, I personally have never once in my life looked at a honda motorcycle with any amount of lust until I saw the 08 Blade in person. I have been a suzuki guy since 2000 and have owned 3 750's, but the minimal look of the Blade stole my heart and money from them. So I hope they stick with the MotoGP look than go back to their ugly undertail exhausts and tons of plastic.

I want them to make a V4 or even a V5 so bad it hurts but like you said, why change what works, and if they do make a new model i hardly think it will be a superbike, the RC51 was an awesome bike but it competed with honda's big inline 4 and in the end really didnt amount to much of Honda's bike sales the years it was out.

It would be completely possible and feasible for Honda to eventually go with a V4 in its superbikes eventually since its easier to mass centralize, and is completely capable of the performance numbers of the Inline 4's as evidenced by Ducati's Desmosedici, but thats a big jump for a brand like Honda to make when most of their fans like the I4 as it is. Maybe Honda should have a limited run of V4 superbikes to get a feel for what the response is. In the long run, if the bike is flatout awesome, no one cares about the engine configuration.
The Gerd is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-01-2006
Posts: 5,652
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
           
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

The HP will be a little higher the bodywork will change and a few other changes.

Every four years it is a new design and in the middle they do modest changes.

2004 - 2007 is pretty much the same bike. 2008 was all new and 2009 was color changes. This is how the 2004 and 2005 were. 2006 was a revised model; that is what the 2010 will be.
lanbrown is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 PM
 
Join Date: 08-05-2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37
                     
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
2004 - 2007 is pretty much the same bike. 2008 was all new and 2009 was color changes. This is how the 2004 and 2005 were. 2006 was a revised model; that is what the 2010 will be.
Exactly, probally 5-7% bump in hp as well as some minor bodywork changes.. Maybe some what lighter if its possible with the addition of ABS..
Maholli is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolrider07 View Post
different engine configuration v4 v5? they probably try some thing different like yamahas cross plain crankshaft im sure there will be some more tech updates i hope for a single swing arm and a more aggressive paint scheme
what ever the updates you can guarantee i will want one!
it won't be a CBR if it has a V configuration engine. CB designation bikes are all inlines.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gerd View Post
Looks are in the eyes of the beholder, I personally have never once in my life looked at a honda motorcycle with any amount of lust until I saw the 08 Blade in person. I have been a suzuki guy since 2000 and have owned 3 750's, but the minimal look of the Blade stole my heart and money from them. So I hope they stick with the MotoGP look than go back to their ugly undertail exhausts and tons of plastic.

I want them to make a V4 or even a V5 so bad it hurts but like you said, why change what works, and if they do make a new model i hardly think it will be a superbike, the RC51 was an awesome bike but it competed with honda's big inline 4 and in the end really didnt amount to much of Honda's bike sales the years it was out.

It would be completely possible and feasible for Honda to eventually go with a V4 in its superbikes eventually since its easier to mass centralize, and is completely capable of the performance numbers of the Inline 4's as evidenced by Ducati's Desmosedici, but thats a big jump for a brand like Honda to make when most of their fans like the I4 as it is. Maybe Honda should have a limited run of V4 superbikes to get a feel for what the response is. In the long run, if the bike is flatout awesome, no one cares about the engine configuration.
the RC51 only competed against the CBR on showroom floors. the RC was designed as the racebike bike platform, the 929/954 was a streetbike platform.

if Honda were to go with another V4 Superbike it would probably be an HRC homologation special with a very large price tag like the RC30/45s were. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 02-19-2009, 12:52 AM
 
Join Date: 10-03-2007
Location: nashville, tn
Posts: 1,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
       
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maholli View Post
Exactly, probally 5-7% bump in hp as well as some minor bodywork changes.. Maybe some what lighter if its possible with the addition of ABS..

agree. this is what we'll get..
ldavis is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 08-14-2009, 7:35 PM
 
Join Date: 06-23-2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
agree. this is what we'll get..
My guess it will be a Blade with some design changes like from 2005 to 2006. But the biggest difference will be a big bang engine, same power but more and better to handle torque (and it is already top on the 2008-2009!)
Red69 is offline  
post #11 of 28 Old 08-14-2009, 8:52 PM
 
Join Date: 08-27-2008
Location: fontana
Age: 28
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15
       
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

id like to see a new re model 929/954 just with like all new features and stuff like that and also some sweet street fighters
zero937 is offline  
post #12 of 28 Old 08-14-2009, 9:22 PM
 
Join Date: 09-09-2007
Location: Caithness, Scotland
Posts: 21,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 291
                     
Send a message via MSN to setanta
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

One simple little design change I would like to see, is a lowering of the seat height, being a short ass I cant understand why it is so high (especially coming from Japan), Im only talking a small amount here, would so open up the bike to so many other riders. Or they could do what Suzuki have done with theirs and narrowed the seat and made it less thick, I find it makes a huge difference.
Fair enough you lanky peeps couldnt care less about this point
Oh and a few more horses please




Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
setanta is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 08-15-2009, 6:37 AM
 
Join Date: 08-15-2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

They will start off with a new 1200 vfr, later on the supersport V4 will come.
R_Velocity is offline  
post #14 of 28 Old 08-15-2009, 6:08 PM
 
Join Date: 07-20-2009
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
One simple little design change I would like to see, is a lowering of the seat height, being a short ass I cant understand why it is so high (especially coming from Japan), Im only talking a small amount here, would so open up the bike to so many other riders. Or they could do what Suzuki have done with theirs and narrowed the seat and made it less thick, I find it makes a huge difference.
Fair enough you lanky peeps couldnt care less about this point
Oh and a few more horses please
at least the Blade isn't as high as the R1. I sat on both today (I am 6') and HATED the way the R1 felt, So I can see your point.
WhiteBB2 is offline  
post #15 of 28 Old 08-15-2009, 7:34 PM
 
Join Date: 09-09-2007
Location: Caithness, Scotland
Posts: 21,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 291
                     
Send a message via MSN to setanta
Re: your thoughts on the 2010 blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBB2 View Post
at least the Blade isn't as high as the R1. I sat on both today (I am 6') and HATED the way the R1 felt, So I can see your point.
Im good for one foot down but in a cross breeze it can catch you out, tippy toes with both feet cause the boots limit movement. Does stop people my size wanting a shot lol.
Im 5 5 btw




Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
setanta is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 HONDA VFR V5 jkobflys General Discussion 24 09-15-2008 12:36 PM
Thoughts??? max929 General Discussion 2 10-07-2005 7:15 PM
RR vs RC thoughts sheepofblue General Discussion 22 04-05-2005 2:55 AM
What are your thoughts-TFI? NYC954RR Honda FireBlade 6 03-21-2005 5:22 PM
2010 Winter Olympics, Vancouver BC Newfie TLR Off-Topic 11 02-06-2005 10:23 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome