Winter problems!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-24-2009, 1:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Winter problems!!!!

HI all ive got a prob with my 95 900rr. before winter it was running fine the over winter i put it the garage and went out to start it once or twice a week after about a month or so it would get very hard to start and a couple of times had to take the battery off to charge this went on for about 2mths. well we had a bit of dry weather today when i got home from work so i thought id take her out for a quick blast. it took a while to start and initially was only running on 3 cyclinders i shut it off and started again and all 4 worked but when i went out it would run fine until about 6k then it would stutter and run rough.

ne1 ant ideas i was thinking bad fuel and was going to put some carb cleaner in it to sort that out but as for the starting i cant think of ne thing

it has a k&n stage 3 dynojet kit and also an aftermarket can.

your help and advice as always will be appreciated.

cheers jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-24-2009, 2:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Winter problems!!!!

hi, i also have a 95 900rr, and she was parked for 6 years only going for the odd spin by the previous owner plus was parked 2 more years on my house before i actually bought it, anyway wail i had it in place i used to start her for a few minutes every month or so, but when i actually bought and went to start her she wouldnt start properly turned out to be the spark plugs and with the old fuel on the tank. i also used the carb cleaner
post #3 of 7 Old 02-24-2009, 3:37 PM

Reputation Power: 59

How long as the bike not been started for?

It could be bad fuel, clogged carbs or even electrical problems e.g. spark plugs etc.

"Second is the first of the losers..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon 8214 View Post
HI all ive got a prob with my 95 900rr. before winter it was running fine the over winter i put it the garage and went out to start it once or twice a week after about a month or so it would get very hard to start and a couple of times had to take the battery off to charge this went on for about 2mths. well we had a bit of dry weather today when i got home from work so i thought id take her out for a quick blast. it took a while to start and initially was only running on 3 cyclinders i shut it off and started again and all 4 worked but when i went out it would run fine until about 6k then it would stutter and run rough.

ne1 ant ideas i was thinking bad fuel and was going to put some carb cleaner in it to sort that out but as for the starting i cant think of ne thing

it has a k&n stage 3 dynojet kit and also an aftermarket can.

your help and advice as always will be appreciated.

cheers jon
Did you "store" it for the winter? Or just park it...

I don't understand why people continue to go out to run the bike for a little bit then shut it off. As far as I'm concerned, the battery isn't getting charged while idling. Store it and leave it, or ride it.

If I were you, dismantle the bike (within reason), drain the old gas, use fresh gas, replace your spark plugs, inspect your wires, and charge your battery. THEN, spray in some carb cleaner, run the bike, and you shouldn't have a problem after that. Enjoy it for the season as it's a great bike. Come next winter, "STORE IT" properly and leave it.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul900rr View Post
Did you "store" it for the winter? Or just park it...

I don't understand why people continue to go out to run the bike for a little bit then shut it off. As far as I'm concerned, the battery isn't getting charged while idling. Store it and leave it, or ride it.

If I were you, dismantle the bike (within reason), drain the old gas, use fresh gas, replace your spark plugs, inspect your wires, and charge your battery. THEN, spray in some carb cleaner, run the bike, and you shouldn't have a problem after that. Enjoy it for the season as it's a great bike. Come next winter, "STORE IT" properly and leave it.

it is quite hard to store my bike as i live in a flat in army accomodation in germany, i go out and start it and let it run for a good 30-45 mins to let it warm up and to get the oil circulating. we all do not have the luxury of a heated garage etc to store our bike in with a optimate connected or i would do that i asked the question for a bit of help and not a lecture on how to store it i know what i should do but i cant 'STORE IT' as you say.

i found out the problem was a bad plug so i changed them all and put some carb cleaner in, it is now running as good as new.

thanks for the helpful replies

jon
post #6 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM

Reputation Power: 59

Glad its all fixed.

Ride Safe.

(It would be wise to invest in some fuel stabalizer for when the bike is being laid up for a period of time - stops the fuel going bad and gumming your carbs up)

"Second is the first of the losers..."
post #7 of 7 Old 02-25-2009, 1:54 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon 8214 View Post
it is quite hard to store my bike as i live in a flat in army accomodation in germany, i go out and start it and let it run for a good 30-45 mins to let it warm up and to get the oil circulating. we all do not have the luxury of a heated garage etc to store our bike in with a optimate connected or i would do that i asked the question for a bit of help and not a lecture on how to store it i know what i should do but i cant 'STORE IT' as you say.

i found out the problem was a bad plug so i changed them all and put some carb cleaner in, it is now running as good as new.

thanks for the helpful replies

jon

as i said

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page