to command or not to command - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-25-2009, 3:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

to command or not to command

Do I buy a power commander?? How much diff is there and are they needed for the daily rider?? Also which one...I see one at 58cycle for $188 called the 3R ....or USB....or USB EX?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-25-2009, 3:17 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: to command or not to command

I would definitley say yes on the power commander, daily rider or not and go with the USB version if you get one.

Edit: especially if you are planning on modding the bike.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-25-2009, 3:56 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames

yup, and go with the PCIII USB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-25-2009, 5:37 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378

yup! go for the usb. i did with a full system. its easy to use. i have ran the bike with a slip on without a pc3 "how i bought it." then i added the pc3 and it became smoother in the lower revs, and picked up a bit according to the ole butt dyno. once i added a full ti system and reprogrammed the pc3 she became an animal. still havent made it to the dyno that will be soon. at the moment she pulls hard with no poppin or fartin.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 2:02 AM

Reputation Power: 78

I didnt want to start a new thread so this might a bit off topic, Im looking to get a PC III either USB or serial port, doesnt bother me. Can I use a 954 commander? I read that you'd have manually add maps for the 929 onto the new commander, not just downloading them since they'll only work on the 954. Thanks for any input.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 2:33 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

It's a bit more complicated than that.
Really, unless you've already got a 954 one or you're getting one dirt cheap (and then you have to wonder if it's still good) just get a 929 one and save the headache. They aren't that expensive.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 2:52 AM

Reputation Power: 78

Alright cool, the 954 is only $20 cheaper, it was more of a curiosity anyways. Thanks
post #8 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 6:08 AM

Reputation Power: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey1378 View Post
yup! go for the usb. i did with a full system. its easy to use. i have ran the bike with a slip on without a pc3 "how i bought it." then i added the pc3 and it became smoother in the lower revs, and picked up a bit according to the ole butt dyno. once i added a full ti system and reprogrammed the pc3 she became an animal. still havent made it to the dyno that will be soon. at the moment she pulls hard with no poppin or fartin.
i am very new to the mapping/commander/PC111 fuel injected scene, i have a 954 which im putting a slip on on, what would i need? just the PC111? and also, what is the usb option?... also how easy are they to install yourself? ... Cheers!!

Back on the road again!...
post #9 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 6:10 AM

Reputation Power: 13

well the serial version adds fuel in 500rpm incriments and the usb does it in 250rpm incriments

they both are rather easy to use the most difficult part as for the serial port is to find a laptop that still has the 9 pin (i think) port in the back. i have an older computer so thats really no issue plus i have an older laptop that has it so no issue there either.

and if you get the the 9v power supply you can load the maps from the comfort of you house but you have to uninstal then re-install the pc3 to check it or you can just do it from the bike with the ignition turned on but you may run your battery down playing around with it.

the serial port version known as the pc3r has the ignition module built in so you can adjust timing as well as fueling were as the usb version doesnt and you have to pay extra for a seperate module and i think the cost is over 200 maybe closer to $300 not really sure

the usb's best quality in my mind is that you can add the ldc monitor,quick shift and their ignition module plus you just can connect disconnect with the usb which takes seconds vs the 10-15 seconds it takes to screw in the serial port.

now if you dont plan on adding the lcd or the quick shifter and just want a way to get more performance without jumping all $300 plus on a usb version the the serial port is the way to go its about half the price and you get near the same performance

so in the end it is up to you.

as far as running a 954 pc3 on a 929 yes you can and all you really need to do is be familiar with cutting and pasting.

you take the valuse from a 929 map of your choice and copy all the vaalues and then you paste them in a zero or empty 954 map and save it as something like (929-954 scorpion slip-on)

now the 954 has a lil higher rev range than the 929 so you will have some empty values in the 11,500 to 12,500 range which is fine because the rev limiter wont let you go that high any ways.

one good point is if you do decide to go with the 954 power commander and for some reason you 929 motor takes a dump on you and you decide to up grade to a 954 engine you will all ready be set vs having to sell your current power commander to get a new one to make up for the rev range that the 929's doesnt give you.

and i am running a 954 power commander serial port version on my 929 with a 929 map with no issues, and if i can figure it out anyone with an incling of computer know how can figure this out.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignibb View Post
well the serial version adds fuel in 500rpm incriments and the usb does it in 250rpm incriments

they both are rather easy to use the most difficult part as for the serial port is to find a laptop that still has the 9 pin (i think) port in the back. i have an older computer so thats really no issue plus i have an older laptop that has it so no issue there either.

and if you get the the 9v power supply you can load the maps from the comfort of you house but you have to uninstal then re-install the pc3 to check it or you can just do it from the bike with the ignition turned on but you may run your battery down playing around with it.

the serial port version known as the pc3r has the ignition module built in so you can adjust timing as well as fueling were as the usb version doesnt and you have to pay extra for a seperate module and i think the cost is over 200 maybe closer to $300 not really sure

the usb's best quality in my mind is that you can add the ldc monitor,quick shift and their ignition module plus you just can connect disconnect with the usb which takes seconds vs the 10-15 seconds it takes to screw in the serial port.

now if you dont plan on adding the lcd or the quick shifter and just want a way to get more performance without jumping all $300 plus on a usb version the the serial port is the way to go its about half the price and you get near the same performance

so in the end it is up to you.

as far as running a 954 pc3 on a 929 yes you can and all you really need to do is be familiar with cutting and pasting.

you take the valuse from a 929 map of your choice and copy all the vaalues and then you paste them in a zero or empty 954 map and save it as something like (929-954 scorpion slip-on)

now the 954 has a lil higher rev range than the 929 so you will have some empty values in the 11,500 to 12,500 range which is fine because the rev limiter wont let you go that high any ways.

one good point is if you do decide to go with the 954 power commander and for some reason you 929 motor takes a dump on you and you decide to up grade to a 954 engine you will all ready be set vs having to sell your current power commander to get a new one to make up for the rev range that the 929's doesnt give you.

and i am running a 954 power commander serial port version on my 929 with a 929 map with no issues, and if i can figure it out anyone with an incling of computer know how can figure this out.
Does the PC111 come with the required software then? and do you just download the maps? or do they come with it? sorry for my lack of knowledge....

post #11 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 9:09 AM

Oh by the way ebay i.d. 260365057239
Is a pc111 for a 929, it has three days left... just incase your interested...

post #12 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 9:57 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378

the software comes with the pc3 or you can download everything from dynojet website. anyone with some common sense could set up there own pc3. if you are curious download the installation instructions, dynojet has them also available for free download.
post #13 of 13 Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey1378 View Post
the software comes with the pc3 or you can download everything from dynojet website. anyone with some common sense could set up there own pc3. if you are curious download the installation instructions, dynojet has them also available for free download.

Cheers mate! just did some reading... it really is easy!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page