06 1000rr exhaust choices - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

06 1000rr exhaust choices

hey, Im looking for an exhaust for my 1000rr 2006. Only slip on type. I'm sure there are a lot of posts about this but I hate searching.

I'm looking for the loudest most obnoxious pipe i can find, Right now im using the stock pipe i have modified it a bit. Cut holes in the inner baffles now it sounds like every aftermarket pipe out there. I have been searching you tube, but to be honest they all sound like stock!! Is there one I'm yet to see? I looked at the taylor made (way cool dual pipes) jardine, arkapovik, two bothers, D&D, scorpion, leo vince, All these pipes are just OK. Not very throaty sounding. The R1's sound way cooler. maybe its just HONDA engines, like chevy VS ford, everyone knows FORDs sound bad ass.

any ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-02-2009, 12:57 AM

Reputation Power: 13

Re: 06 1000rr exhaust choices

the loudest i have heard was the D&D, but that was on a R1 and it is extremely obnoxious. I have also heard the two bros on a 04 1000RR and it wasnt extremely loud but sounded good.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-02-2009, 3:53 AM

Reputation Power: 17

here's an idea.. go buy a gixxer.. D&D or hotbodies... loud, obnoxious, and sure to make you run from the cops..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-02-2009, 3:29 PM Thread Starter

i seen one called laser extreme. sounded pretty cool, but i have not been able to find out much about them, maybe they are kinda rare? have you heard of them?
post #5 of 11 Old 03-02-2009, 4:20 PM

Reputation Power: 17

yeah they've been around for a while.. decent looking.. not rare.. just rarely used.. plus if i remember correctly aren't they pretty pricey?
post #6 of 11 Old 03-02-2009, 4:34 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames

If you think just modding your stock pipe sounds like an aftermarket system, you have problems. I did the same thing to mine when I got my two bros just to see what it would sound like. Sounded alright, but nothing like the two bros does
post #7 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

"If you think just modding your stock pipe sounds like an aftermarket system, you have problems"

Well if you take a look at what an aftermarket pipe is... it's basically not much more than a perferated tube that flows through a carbon fiber housing. (usually fiber) Simple cheap and easy to make, although you pay so much for a pipe because of the equipment and so called technology/research it takes to design it. Power comes from the header design, yet so many people think a muffler is going to increase performance. Yet it will, but only because a stock pipe is restrictive. Any free flowing pipe will have very similar results in power gains. Its about the looks and tone that sells an aftermarket pipe. What I did to my stock pipe was eliminate the blockage or restrictive baffle system that kills throttle response. So where my stock pipe may not be a Two Brothers Jardine or any other, it is very much similar at this point. But it still has a smaller output tube and slight blockage inside the can, so it's still no Two brothers. Also looks like complete ass.

Anyway, I do like the looks of the laser so i may go that direction.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 PM

I have a jardine. Sounds much louder than stock but not obnoxious. Looks less obtrusive than the 2 brothers. Though the 2 brothers was my second choice The Jardine looks stock while improving performance.

It actually gets a little louder as you put a few miles on it.

Though I'm not sure why you would want an "obnoxious" pipe. If you do much riding it can drive you insane and physically damage your hearing, even with a helmet, unless you wear ear plugs.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

i agree abnoxious pipes are a bit insane, but i don't ride it much usually weekends only, I have a ninja 600 and a F2 that i ride durring the week. I also have a ninja 250 but i don't like to admit it. hahaha The 250 is a fun bike no matter what anyone says, especially for long rides to work. I travel about 40 miles to work one way. Its nice and soft ride, real smooth
post #10 of 11 Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaormiga View Post
I have a jardine. Sounds much louder than stock but not obnoxious. Looks less obtrusive than the 2 brothers. Though the 2 brothers was my second choice The Jardine looks stock while improving performance.

It actually gets a little louder as you put a few miles on it.

Though I'm not sure why you would want an "obnoxious" pipe. If you do much riding it can drive you insane and physically damage your hearing, even with a helmet, unless you wear ear plugs.
I rock the Jardine RT-1 dual outlet on my CBR and it is loud as piss. I believe the specs are something like 103db at 10K RPMS.
post #11 of 11 Old 03-04-2009, 9:44 AM

Reputation Power: 14

Im kind of an exhaust nut I cant seem to leave them alone always changing so I cant speek for every pipe or every bike i will lend my 2cts on what i have experience. Micron, 2bro, erion, D&D, Yoshi, FMF, Scorpion, ART.
Loudest to quietest:
D&D
Erion & Yoshi
ARt
2BRo
Scorpion
FMF
Micron

Not on the dyno on my 929 micron made the best power and when I put the full serpent on it it was quite abit throatier and louder.

On my 06 1000rr I currently have the carbon fiber yoshi Rs5 and it is loud yet it is a deeper, crisp, growl not a tinny or raspy loud. My D&D was loud and rumbled but when it was in gear going down the road it sounded terrible. I always thought is ounded great until i followed my bike one day. sold it right after that. I liked the erion the best it had the perfect balance between loud and a growl sounded like a race bike should. That was on my 929 and the yoshi i have now offers pretty close to the same sound. My friend has an erion on his F4I and it was pretty quiet at first for the first season/summer now when cruising its not that bad but when he cracks the throttle it is very loud but sounds very nice. My yoshi right out of the box was loud. If I were doing it all over again I would buy the akra hex pipe

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page