exhauxt valve - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 6:28 PM Thread Starter
hfb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

exhauxt valve

hello fireblade lovers,iam new to the site and from England and have got a 2001 929rry. Where do i start, had it for about a year. Two weeks after i got it fi light came on producing code 35 bame!!!! what a code found out it was the gears in the servo motor. found second hand motor, cleaned valve bla bla bla etc etc. A year on bame bame code 35 again, stripped gears maybe? Oh look. So had enough of this. removed flapper in air box, locked exhaust valve at 12 o clock, removed cable. Took it up the road wow what an inprovement smooth all the way up the rev range. gunna get it dyno'd. My question is there ant chance you can damage the ecu if the servo motor gears have been removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 6:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Re: exhauxt valve

Nah you did it right, you left the servo and just disconnected the cables. The servo will rotate, but there are no cables to pull so the ecu thinks it did what it was suppose to and will not through a code.

Edit: If the gears are removed it's pretty much the same as removing the cables. Servo can rotate, but the valve position stays the same as there are no gears to turn it.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 6:53 PM Thread Starter
hfb

it still puts up the code with the gears removed as it is not turning the component that sends the signal back to the ecu to tell it what position the servo in. so i was just woundering if the ecu does'nt know what position the servo is in, can it damage the ecu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 7:17 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfb View Post
it still puts up the code with the gears removed as it is not turning the component that sends the signal back to the ecu to tell it what position the servo in. so i was just woundering if the ecu does'nt know what position the servo is in, can it damage the ecu
I don't think it would damage the ecu. Many aftermarket slip-on exhausts require removal of the exhaust baffle because they replace the whole pipe. When I installed my jardine slip-on I had to remove the pipe that contained the baffle and replace it with the pipe that came with the kit.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 7:41 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Yeah my buddies rr4 has the akro slip-on which eliminated the exhaust valve. All they did was remove the cables,fixed the flapper(no flapper anymore what so ever now with the Carbon Fiber OPP intake) and left the servo. No codes being thrown and the bike doesn't seem to be hurting on the bottom or mid range either.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the code being thrown with the gears removed. I thought it would do the same as the cables being removed, but I was wrong it seems.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

The servor motor returns a different value when it is open compared to close. This is how the ECU knows it is not working. On the 1000, if you remove the motor; you lose a few ponies. The 9xx does not lose any power if the MIL is on.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-04-2009, 4:39 PM Thread Starter
hfb

ok cool THANKS for all the useful information. so if i can find a gear to replace the one that stripped then the mil light will go out yes. does any one know where you can get the gear from its the big double spur gear. 15 teeth and 49th not sure what the pitch is
post #8 of 8 Old 03-05-2009, 5:43 PM Thread Starter
hfb

Had the blade dyno'd today 22,000miles on the clock and its producing 146.4hp at 10.679 and 10.6kgm at 9028rpm at the rear wheel pretty impressive i thought.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page