EGCV Valve trick - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-05-2009, 6:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

EGCV Valve trick

Hi im a virgin.....be gentle..... Can any 1 tell me if their is a trick i can do on the cbr1000rr for the EGCV valve to trick the ecu into thinking its ther as i have been told by my rolling road guy that when i remove it the Buggy(powered by a cbr1000rr engine) is retarding its ignition by 6 degrees which is why i am seeing power gains at the dyno when fitting an ignition module and advancing.
Does any1 have any expirience of this.

ps i strip the bike looms and completley rebuild, i'm a proper tidy freak and dont like the idea on just throwing the servo back in wherever if thats what every1 is gonna suggest!

cheers for any help on this

if any1 fancys some off road fun on 4 wheels with superbike power check out our website Rage Motorsport | Buggies | road and off road buggy

Andy

Last edited by Ragemotorsport; 03-05-2009 at 6:18 AM. Reason: doh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-07-2009, 9:04 PM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 182

Garage
Re: EGCV Valve trick

Probably gotta find someone who can make a card insert with that circut to run as a power curve change, an add on that can be plugged to the ECU. Probably otherwise a permanent part that you, or I don't like.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-07-2009, 9:13 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

You have to keep it; the ECU does not retard it 6 degrees though. Without it, you lose about 6HP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, do you know how it loses the 6hp ? does the ecu under fuel or what?
post #5 of 13 Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Ignition and injector timing are controlled via computer. This item is the ECU! All the funtional perramitter's are stored and referenced according to demand. Some systems are designed to work closed loop, or open loop. Respectively; closed loop works as a set of perramitters that can not be changed. Open loop works with set perramitters that are referenced and adjustments to fuel and ignition are made accordding to an array of senser's. These sensers read outside air temp & due point, (mass air metters) throttle possition, crank angle, engine temp, and so on, ect.
This particular sittuation requires someone with a bit more knowledge than I have, about the programing involved with this bike, (CBR10RR).
It's getting close to my bed time and mommy is making me go to bed now.
Look on some of the web sites for after market stuff that work with this bike. That should get you close. Start asking questions like; can you reprogram the computer on my bike?, is there an addapter system that can allow me to change power management? and the sort's like that. I remember back in the 90's there was a guy who could take a GSXR black box and change it all up. Sort of Jeckle/hide kind of thing with a switch and a usb port.
Welp! MOMMY is yelling now...
post #6 of 13 Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Ive heard of people soldering resistors into a circuit to cope with sensors being gone on cars. Maybe you could do this? I don't know if it would work but it's worth a thought from somebody who knows a whole lot more than me.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-13-2009, 5:52 AM Thread Starter

Ive got a guy measuring the output's on an oscilloscope but the circuit board that would need to be made would be too complex and not cost effective, so we are gonna concentrate on 'full throttle' position as this is where were are at most times on a track, i'm beginning to think it would be cheaper to use the motor because it can vary its own signal based on the ECU's output signal as SIDMARKLONG has pointed out in his own strange way .

Ps did you get your milk and cookies?
post #8 of 13 Old 03-13-2009, 2:41 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

It probably is better to continue to use the drive motor for the exhaust valve.. When I go to Yoshimura, or any other after market web site, I always see that the cable is removed and a warnning about making sure the drive motor stays in a certian position, or you have some sort of warning come on and the engine runs funny because of this. I am sure this is what you are trying to get rid of, and I get the idea that it is unneccessary for what you are doing. Maybe, a look at the new Honda superbike might reveal the secret. However, when are you ever gonna see one that close.
In any case, have fun, hope you can make your bike work the way you want. I don't have any tricks up my sleeve for this one, yet. So far, it looks like you can only buy components that are add on, and not elliminating anything, other than wieght, and that 4000rpm deep sounding drone noise. More power can be had, but still nothing to ellimniate the exhaust valve motor.

Mother is now making cookies. I will go see if I can lic the beeter's without her turnning on the mixer unit . .
post #9 of 13 Old 03-13-2009, 2:45 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Sorry about that, not, "bike", but rage buggy. Do you have a picture of your project? We call them rail buggies in the states.

Last edited by sidmarklong; 03-13-2009 at 3:19 PM.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-17-2009, 7:31 AM Thread Starter

its not project we are buisness. look up rage buggy on 'youtube' or look at our website Rage Motorsport | Buggies | road and off road buggy we sell about 10 a month and always getting in new and used engines so should be no problem looking at honda superbike's. we are currently moving onto zx14 engine as they provide a bag load of torque. even the late great Colin Mcrae bought 1 from us YouTube - Tribute to Colin McRae R.I.P.. and more recently an arabian shake, you can see him doing wheelies up the dune's on youtube as well YouTube - rage buggy zx1400 Kawasaki engine (( all eyes on me )) . when we went out to deliver it, it was the fastest thing bhp per ton = 350 at the wheels

they are road legal as well.

what do you think dude???!!!
post #11 of 13 Old 03-17-2009, 7:35 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidmarklong View Post
Maybe, a look at the new Honda superbike might reveal the secret.
Any Honda Superbike is almost certain to be running aftermarket or HRC electrics which would do away with the valve completely.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #12 of 13 Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM

You need the HRC ECU and harness with the meter interface. Then you can do everything like this, even change the damping characteristics of the HESD
post #13 of 13 Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Okay, thats a very fun looking buggy. All the models your company makes look like lots of fun. Must be great to assemble them and see them run.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page