Fuel Tank Air Vent Hose, WTF? issues. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-16-2009, 6:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Fuel Tank Air Vent Hose, WTF? issues.

02 954rr.

hey guys here is a new issue. i posted a different problem earlier this week, i think i might of fixed that one. i pulled the tank off, and saw a vacuum T-fitting with three hoses coming out, not a single one connected to anything.

here is something to chew on for a while.

on page 1-31 of our trusty manual it shows a "fuel tank air vent hose". i understand what the purpose of it is. however notice it has been connected to a vacuum T fitting. Ok, so i get that one end goes to the tank, one end goes to the ground, where does the other end connect to??? Honda makes it look like it goes up and loops around something, wtf?! if someone has time and can look at the book, and or your bike that would be great.

thanks.
tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-16-2009, 7:09 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Fuel Tank Air Vent Hose, WTF? issues.

Do you have a California model? I think that hose is supposed to hook into the EVAP canister - I'll look @ mine later..

If my guessimate is correct on it going to EVAP, and you don't have a CA model, then it's probably fine being not hooked into anything.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-16-2009, 7:24 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: Fuel Tank Air Vent Hose, WTF? issues.

Hey!

I was looking at mine the other day. From what i can make out the Pipe from the tank(vent hose) goes out towards the right hand fairing bracket, loops round towards the left, where it T's off towards the servo motor and finishes in one of the holes in the fairing bracket, just another vent. The other end of the T goes down to the hole in fainring by the chain. Seems a bit pointless to me. I don't think you'll go far wrong just going down to the ground from the tank. It may be like that to prevent liquid-lock. As honda show it the pipe is much more towards level than virtical.

Adam

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page