95 blade dyno - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 5:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

95 blade dyno

hi guys,
does anyone have dyno there 900 blade from 95? the previous owner got the bike dyno before he parked her up and come out with 120hp with race can and k+n filter and 115 hp standard, i got a viper race can fitted and took her to the dyno (the only mods are the race can and -1 front sprocket and + 1 at the back) im still waiting on the kn filter and she only topped 112 hp, she was running to rich. between this 2 dyno runs she only done 7000mls
how does this results compare to your ones?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-13-2009, 9:05 AM

Re: 95 blade dyno

I recently had my 1995 blade fitted with a stage 1 jet kit, the carbs 'tuned' and the dyno results came out at 128bhp.

I'm running a standard air filter, a full Akrapovic Race system and Iridium plugs. Not sure if the plugs make any difference but the exhaust certainly has, the power delivery being noticeably better even before the jet kit. The bloke who did the jetting did all the usual like balancing the carbs and checking my valves.

The exhaust is marked as 'not for road use' but isn't noticeably louder than the old Micron can that it replaced and the build quality is just superb. I've managed to source a replacement, unmarked stainless steel band (with rivets) for the end can to fit in time for the MOT. Not sure if it'll do the trick, but the way the exhaust system is fitted means that it'll be relatively easy to put something else on (even if it's just the can) if necessary...
post #3 of 7 Old 04-13-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

that is really good.
r how much did your full system cost you? im thinking of jetting it and changing the plugs to iridium on the next service, and will be replacing the air filter for k+n but that wont give me my 8hp that are missing

thanks for replying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-13-2009, 3:00 PM

The full system was about £350.00 on ebay, second hand - I was lucky to find it I think as they're about £700.00 new. Leave the air filter standard as every comparative test says that stock is best.

This is the nearest I could find to show you the exhaust-

CBR 900RRN - X Fireblade 92-99 Super Sport CBR 900RRN - X Fi

Akrapovic don't seem to make them any more (according to the main site)... if you look at the pictures on the page I've linked to, it's the second system down on the left with the titanium end can. The downpipes fit into a set of four tapered flanges that bolt into the head and are attached by a set of really well designed springs, and the end can is attached in the same way (springs). All the joints are beautifully machined to fit exactly and it doesn't leak at all. The welding is a complete work of art too... I can't recommend them enough.

You can go one further and get the full race system which has specially formed downpipes (some sort of fluid cutting system is used to machine them) and claims to be better if you want to go further with tuning...

I love it and get a real kick every time I see the Akrapovic badge on the can!

Gotta correct my previous post though as it is the 'Super Sport' system, not the 'Full Race' that I've got.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-13-2009, 3:25 PM Thread Starter

thank you for the the info, i like the Akrapovic but they are expensive (fck this recession), i stick with the stock air filter. do you think is worth jetting it? i have a viper race can

thank you
post #6 of 7 Old 04-14-2009, 2:11 AM

Looking back, I only gained 2hp from the jetting, but what was good was that someone who seemed to know what they were doing had given the carbs a good going over. It seems to be smoother and the throttle response is a bit nicer...

If you know someone reliable and knowledgeable, go and see them and see what they think. If they're worth their salt, they won't automatically recommend you spending a lot of money!...

I reckon that for gains in power at this level, you might be better spending your money going somewhere where they'll teach you to ride better - kinda like the Advanced Rider thing in England, or even one of the race schools...

Don't know much about your can but I'm sure it'll help a bit... give it a go and see what you think. If it causes any problems, like flat spots, you'll soon know...

Cheers!
post #7 of 7 Old 04-14-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthole View Post
Looking back, I only gained 2hp from the jetting, but what was good was that someone who seemed to know what they were doing had given the carbs a good going over. It seems to be smoother and the throttle response is a bit nicer...

If you know someone reliable and knowledgeable, go and see them and see what they think. If they're worth their salt, they won't automatically recommend you spending a lot of money!...

I reckon that for gains in power at this level, you might be better spending your money going somewhere where they'll teach you to ride better - kinda like the Advanced Rider thing in England, or even one of the race schools...

Don't know much about your can but I'm sure it'll help a bit... give it a go and see what you think. If it causes any problems, like flat spots, you'll soon know...

Cheers!

thanks for the advice much appreciated

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page