Rode a 600 for the first time today. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Rode a 600 for the first time today.

So both of my riding buddies have 600's and I have a 929. Today I swapped bikes with one of my buddies just to see what his bike felt like and so he could try out mine. His bike is a 03 GSXR. The first thing I noticed was how much more comfortable his seat was. That is the only thing I liked though. First off I felt huge on the damn thing. Secondly what a difference in power...at least at low end. My bike....it pulls no matter what the RPM ifyou turn the throttle it responds....the 600...anything under 7000RPM and it didnt budge. The third thing I noticed was the sound difference.....I loooove the sound of my 929. The 600 was more comfortable for sure but other than that it just made me love my bike that much more. The funny thing is he said he didnt like mine ........Now if my other riding buddy will let me get on his 06 R6 then I might change my mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 7:32 AM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta
Re: Rode a 600 for the first time today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temperedtim929 View Post
So both of my riding buddies have 600's and I have a 929. Today I swapped bikes with one of my buddies just to see what his bike felt like and so he could try out mine. His bike is a 03 GSXR. The first thing I noticed was how much more comfortable his seat was. That is the only thing I liked though. First off I felt huge on the damn thing. Secondly what a difference in power...at least at low end. My bike....it pulls no matter what the RPM ifyou turn the throttle it responds....the 600...anything under 7000RPM and it didnt budge. The third thing I noticed was the sound difference.....I loooove the sound of my 929. The 600 was more comfortable for sure but other than that it just made me love my bike that much more. The funny thing is he said he didnt like mine ........Now if my other riding buddy will let me get on his 06 R6 then I might change my mind
I have a gixxer600 03 love it, the fact that its a 600 means that you have to ring its neck which is so much fun. Corners really well and reasonably comfortable. Other thing I like about it is the space under the seat, when going for a long days run there is room for the kitchen sink. Mine is the alstare colours, always gets a oh and ah. As for sound I have a blue flame exhaust on it, the sound is sooo sweet

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #3 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 7:59 AM

Reputation Power: 13

Tim,

The 06-07 R6's are alot of fun.

One of my Chiefs on my ship has one and he let me take it out for a spin, and once you get used to keeping the revs up to stay in the power the bike is pretty much amazing. The thing that got me the most was that the R6 and 08-09 Fireblade feel very similar when it comes to how flickable they are, at least to me.

I plan on getting either an 06-07 R6 for track duty or a Jet Ski/Waverunner...tough decision though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 9:14 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 12

Ya. I wasnt trying to knock the Gixxer. It was just amazing how different a bike it was. I did notice plenty of power in the high revs. It was easy to "flick", although it weighs about the same as my 929 its much shorter.

I think Im always going to be a 750 and + kinda guy.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 9:46 AM

No doubt on being a liter whore...I love the pull in all gears and the raw power at the top end...Ive never had more fun on a bike than I have on my Blade, its just pure excess in every possible department.

But...and its a big but.

I am nowhere near good enough to competently ride the thing on a track right now, so the 600's are more attractive to me for the sole purpose of being a pure track blaster. Eventually i want to have a dedicated liter bike for the track but since I'm just starting out and I dont want to die I'll learn on the more forgiving 600's.

Its amazing how much I still learn everytime I go to the track, even though i pretty much just hang out in the paddocks. Gonna do Keith Code's California Superbike School sometime in September/October, and that should help get me up to speed (pun intended).
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 2:00 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gerd View Post
No doubt on being a liter whore...I love the pull in all gears and the raw power at the top end...Ive never had more fun on a bike than I have on my Blade, its just pure excess in every possible department.

But...and its a big but.

I am nowhere near good enough to competently ride the thing on a track right now, so the 600's are more attractive to me for the sole purpose of being a pure track blaster. Eventually i want to have a dedicated liter bike for the track but since I'm just starting out and I dont want to die I'll learn on the more forgiving 600's.

Its amazing how much I still learn everytime I go to the track, even though i pretty much just hang out in the paddocks. Gonna do Keith Code's California Superbike School sometime in September/October, and that should help get me up to speed (pun intended).
if you're comfortable on your bike on the street then you can take it to the track. just go easy till you find your personal limit. my 929 is the only bike I've ever ridden on the track and its been tons of fun. I'd still like to find a wrecked 600RR to turn into a dedicated track bike though.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 8:00 PM

Yeah I know I "could" take the Blade to the track and get her around in one piece but i would be so paranoid about dropping her that it wouldnt be as fun as it should be...I've invested $12,000 on my baby so far...and I have another $5,000 worth of parts that i plan on getting for it, so I really dont want to bin my baby.

Now I have a buddy who is moving to Rota, Spain and I'm trying to convince him to sell me his 600RR for about $4000, its an 07 but the guy who owned it before him obviously stunted it, the plastics are beat up and painted metallic blue, and the case covers on both sides are rashed, but I've done some work on that bike and it seems to be fairly decent...I think it needs a valve job on the front forks since they feel "off" but its nothing I cant handle.

I would feel more comfortable with that bike on a track simply because its sole purpose would be to play on the track

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page