Pipe clearance on an '01 929RE - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-11-2009, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Pipe clearance on an '01 929RE

I just installed an Arata system, but I'm not quite sure if the pipe is curved properly.
I bought the system used.

After installation, there is only about 2mm of clearance Between the mid pipe and the right lower fairing (it used to be touching until I tweaked it a bit more).

I'm worried that the heat will discolour the plastics really fast, so I'm hoping someone out there has the same exhaust and can help me out.

I've tried twisting the pipe to get more clearance, but that's about all I can get without figuring out a way to shorten the mount to the passenger foot peg.
I'm using the stock passenger foot peg as the mountain point.

I may go ahead try to reverse the mid-pipe, but I don't think it is designed to be reversible. I also can visualize the spring hooks lining up properly.
(This is all just visualization, since I hoping to avoid having to take off that cowling again).

How much clearance do other '00/'01 fireblades have at this spot?
I'll update with a picture later when I get my camera charged.

Thanks.

Last edited by theFooL; 04-11-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: corrected title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-13-2009, 9:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378
Re: Pipe clearance on an '01 929RE

make sure all the pipes are in all the way. i would think you have to remove the passenger pegs. ive seen pics of the arata system and its much like my arrow. did you install piece by piece or did you assemble the header and try to put it on?

if you can find pics of hondagaltoo's bike she has the arata on a 929 and check my gallery for pics of my system. they look the same.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page