Join Date: 08-10-2008
Location: Qaanaaq, Greenland
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12
Re: Pillion Peg Removal (08/09)
Send a PM to Deathace for further advice. He posted this on 1000rr.net: "the easiest way to do it is remove the tail unit and then split the subframe you then unbolt the pillion hangers and bolt the subframe back together and put the seat unit back on.
Best with 2 people but can be done with 1 person and rope to hold the back end up"
h82loze from 1000rr.net posted this:
"Here is what I did:
1. Remove rear seat or seat cowl
2. Remove front seat
3. Remove fender and rear cowl
4. Unscrew bolt and braces holding subframe together
5. Loosen the 2 bolts that hold the subframe to the frame (do one side at a time)
6. Lift the battery tray up on the side you loosened the subframe to gain access to the passenger pegs
7. Remove the passenger pegs
8. Tighten the subframe back up on that side
9. Repeat steps 5-8 on the other side
10. Re-install the rest of the parts in the reverse order that you removed them
Took me around 30 minutes, but I had removed my rear several times before I did this (once for my FE install and then again for my CA install-poor planning on my part not ordering both at the same time). So I had no problems pulling everything off and putting it back on."