ho hum...an electrical problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-15-2009, 4:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

ho hum...an electrical problem

hello folks....I have had my 929 'blade for 3 weeks now and I am very happy with it although it has to go in for a recall on the forks (does anyone know why honda recalled them? and do they replace the full fork?) the other thing I noticed tonight in my shed where I keep it was that when you pull either brake the clock lights come on as does the side lights (but not the headlight). I must confess I hate electrical problems......everything works ok but I wouldnt like to brake at a junction and a car mistake my front lights coming on as a signal to pull out ....... any ideas?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-15-2009, 4:41 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: ho hum...an electrical problem

sounds to me like someone has done some homemade wiring on this one. does it do this with the key off?
post #3 of 9 Old 04-15-2009, 5:03 PM Thread Starter

yeah you maybe right about the home wiring...I have found a break in the wiring to the rear indicators where an alarm may have been fitted. The lights only come on with the ignition switched on. I have checked the visible wiring at the back of the bike and it all seems ok now but it still lights up the digital speedo when I apply the brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-15-2009, 5:28 PM Thread Starter

I have just been outside again to check the wiring and I have noticed when the ignition is on that a very faint buzzing sound is coming from the servo under the left hand side of the tank and if I feel the pulley it is vibrating slightly...is this normal???? any advice is gratfully recieved!!!!
post #5 of 9 Old 04-15-2009, 6:53 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrosxuk View Post
I have just been outside again to check the wiring and I have noticed when the ignition is on that a very faint buzzing sound is coming from the servo under the left hand side of the tank and if I feel the pulley it is vibrating slightly...is this normal???? any advice is gratfully recieved!!!!
It's normal as long as it stops after a few seconds.
It's also normal for the gears to strip so the motor works without moving the pulley. Honda engineering :-)
Search "servo motor".

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 9 Old 04-15-2009, 7:25 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
yeah you maybe right about the home wiring...I have found a break in the wiring to the rear indicators where an alarm may have been fitted. The lights only come on with the ignition switched on. I have checked the visible wiring at the back of the bike and it all seems ok now but it still lights up the digital speedo when I apply the brakes
So, if I'm hearing you right, when you turn the key on, the headlight stays off, but all the other lights come on? Do they only come on when you pull the brake? Is the headlight on, then goes off when you apply the brake? Give as much info as possible so we can hook you up. The more we actually know, the faster we can get to the bottom of the issue and get you riding safely.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-16-2009, 1:36 AM Thread Starter

cheers for the input so far guys........okay carolina 954 here goes.........if I turn the ignition on I hear the usual fuel pump priming noise and a faint buzzing from under the tank, the lights are all off and everything starts as it should...the indicators work and the headlight and horn all work ok BUT if I turn the ignition on and leave the headlights switched off and pull the brake lever or rear brake then the dashboard lights up and so does the 2 small lights either side of the headlight..this only happens when I pull the brakes. the headlight doesnt come on unless I switch it on normally. the servo constantly vibrates with the ignition switched on. I checked the servo lines up by bridging a connector near the battery and the index marks line up on the exhaust valve..I HATE ELECTRICAL STUFF heh heh!
post #8 of 9 Old 04-16-2009, 1:53 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
I checked the servo lines up by bridging a connector near the battery and the index marks line up on the exhaust valve..I HATE ELECTRICAL STUFF heh heh!
But does the valve rotate when you turn the key on and when you rev it past 3000rpm?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #9 of 9 Old 04-16-2009, 9:27 AM Thread Starter

it doesnt move when I turn the ignition on but the pully rotates when I rev it over 3000rpm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page