Slip-on Question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-18-2009, 8:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Slip-on Question

I just got a 96 900RR it has been 10 years since I have been in the sportbike scene...Been riding Harley's anyhow...My CBR is mint with only 7k on it...I will be keeping the bike for as long as possible so any modifications I do I want it done the right way...In 97 I had a 97 CBR 900RR and the only mod was a Yosh slipon...I would like to do a slip-on and K&N filters..By doing so will my bike need to be re jetted by just doing those changes?
I did have the Yosh on my 97 but I wanted the TwoBrothers slip-on...What is the best sounding slip-on for the money...So far I have found the Yosh for $265...I would be open to a used one that is like new if anyone has one for sale..

Any opinions appreciated...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-18-2009, 8:14 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Slip-on Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboys View Post
I would like to do a slip-on and K&N filters..By doing so will my bike need to be re jetted by just doing those changes?
I doubt you would _need_ to rejet but you might prefer to rejet to make the most of it.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 4 Old 04-18-2009, 8:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Thanks for the info....What pipe do you like...I had the Yosh and liked it but I am open to others..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2009, 8:41 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboys View Post
Thanks for the info....What pipe do you like...I had the Yosh and liked it but I am open to others..
If by "pipe" you mean muffler I don't much care as long as it's not too loud.

If you mean full systems I like Akrapovic, Arrow, TiForce among others - basically any of the higher quality systems that maximise topend power and minimise weight.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page