CBR1000RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-07-2003, 6:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Int Bike Show Surprise

Okay, like many of you, I have just been to the Bike Show. Except, I had specific expectations of the 4 new Liter bikes, (Mille, ZX10R, CBR1000RR, and R1).

Well, the R1 was sweet in the pics and previews, yet failed to raise a brow for me personally. It just didn't have that special something for me. It may or may not school the rest on the track, and who can say if it will or not without allowing the situation to take place. Love the swingarm, kick a$$ lights, nice seat, gorgeous pipes. Overall, not impressed. I am not a Yam follower.

The new fireblade (yes, lower case "f"). Tadoa Babba should have given them some pointers at least before leaving, as I am disappointed. She will be a handler, not a powerhouse, and personally I prefer handling to power, function before form. First things first. The psuedo intakes piss me off more than the national deficiet, since the Ram Air Intake is located above the radiator alla' CBR600F3 (except that was 2 staged). The steering damper is nice and original, yet looks cheap and cheesy in person. I hate the "Built by Ford", Ford Tough bodywork. But man, I love the pipes, the overall look, etc. I hate that you couldn't sit on the thing, but it most likely feels like a buff 600RR, and I prefer the feel of a Gixxer or 636 to the 600RR. Just me though. Overall, the RR didn't flip my kilt up. Nice stacked gears, radial brakes, and vents for the tail.

The Mille Factory and R were mega sweet, but again, personal preferences as I have a long inseam and the ride height suits me. Love the looks, giant improvements on last years guages too. Love the Aprilia.

Now, the ZX10R is a looker in my book. Sitting on it feels terific. In a tuck, the shaped gas tank is like no other. You really must tuck to understand on the ZX. The frame and swingarm are beautiful. The swingarm is actually lighter than the 636. The frontal area on the 10 is smaller than the 636 also. Crazy. The Kaw district manager stated that it is more powerful than the ZX12R, and has 175 at the rear wheel. I think he meant crank. It is within 7 lbs of the ZX6RR's weight too. Very nice. Naked, the bike is a clutter. Oh well.

So my pick is the ZX10R.

Don't get me wrong, I am in love with my 929, and wont' be getting a new bike this year, as I just dont' think I need one.

But these were my observations and bring on the Flamin.

No kittens were injured in writing this section.

Spank her once for me.

I hope to hear some opinions.

Last edited by Beyote; 12-07-2003 at 7:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-08-2003, 2:25 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: CBR1000RR

So Beyote, was the ZX10R about the size of the 636? Some magazines stated the ZX10 was so crammed/compacted that it felt as if it were the size of the 636 frame (meaning good thing) only packed with some serious horse power, slipper clutch, etc. Interesting review, can't wait for the Motorcycle Show here in Feb! Although, more than likely, I won't be buying anything new for awhile.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-08-2003, 3:14 PM

Reputation Power: 19

taken from RRW&M/C Tech

Ben Bostrom was second-fastest on the brand new American Honda CBR1000RR Superbike with a 1:51.957, within his first 10 laps on the machine. Bostrom was heard telling the half-dozen HRC engineers, “You did a good job on the bike. It’s awesome. It’s so fast.” The huge smile on Bostrom’s face added weight to his words.

Insignificant Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-08-2003, 3:45 PM

Reputation Power: 19

Insignificant Member
post #5 of 6 Old 12-08-2003, 4:32 PM

I'll let you know how she rides when I get mine

Let's wait until our magz get some of these for review before caning it. From what I've heard through the grapevine, the new Blade is the one to beat on the track, time will tell.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-10-2003, 6:27 AM

Re: Int Bike Show Surprise

I'm not that impressed with the new Fireblade or R1 yet, but they may grow on me. I was a bit disappointed that the RR is 20lbs heavier than my 954? Of the three new bikes, I think the ZX10 would be my choice, but they are tiny, and I'm 6'4 so I could look stupid on one!

I'm sure they will all be awesome to ride, but nothing has appeared that would make me trade my '03 bike.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page