grinding noice on decel? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 12-07-2003, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via AIM to 41ants
grinding noice on decel?

Today after doing a long ride in Brooksville, FL (170 miles), I stopped for lunch and jumped back on my bike. Start driving down the road, I notice this sort of high pitch grinding noise when I decelerate. Pull in the clutch, the noise dissapears. Give the bike a little bit of throttle (10%), the noise reappears. As the bike got warmer, the noise became less obvious.

One of the riders that I am with thinks my chain could be too loose, so we head back to his place and tighten it up. Initially, I thought he tightened it too much, but he tells me to go up and down the street and it will loosen... it does just that and the noise goes away.... Well, after riding for 15 miles fairly hard the noise starts to come back again, but it is no where near as loud or pronounced.

I have never had this problem before and I don't abuse the bike. I don't do wheelies, burnouts, or any of that stuff. The bike is 6 months old and has 10,600 miles on it, so it is under warranty. I am planning to take it to the dealer, but I would like to walk in their with a decent idea of what it could before the dealer scams me by charging me a boat load of money trying to diagnosis something that they cant find.

03 titanium 954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page