Rectifier, need help quick, wanna ride tomorrow - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 2:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Rectifier, need help quick, wanna ride tomorrow

ok, heres the thing, i have an 03 CBR954 and the rectifier is toast. i bought one on ebay from a 600 which said it would work on my bike. it's exactly the same size, shape, but does not have the Bl/w wire coming out of it. and the wires come out in different spots, reds on top on one, greens on top on the other. i was just going to hardwire this in. do the greens and reds particularly need to go so a specific green or red? and what do i do with the black with white stripe wire? plz answer the above ? the yellow wires seem to be in the same place coming out of the rectifier so i was planning on hardwiring those accordingly.

before commenting on my next comment. which would be, the bike seems fine all day after i charge the battery, until of course the headlights are on(low beam bulb is pulled), or the fan has to run more b/c its hot outside. the stator is charging, at least with the volt meter i checked with today. it was hitting 14.7v. the battery is new. the yellow wires from the stator to rectifier had a problem when the harness for the yellows melted, and since then has been my problem. i don't have a whole lot of money, so i can't take it anywhere. plz help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Re: Rectifier, need help quick, wanna ride tomorrow

come on guys. your killin me here. no one has hardwired a rectifier to a 954 b4?
post #3 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraix View Post
come on guys. your killin me here. no one has hardwired a rectifier to a 954 b4?
That isn't what you're asking though.
I hardwired my 929 but I didn't use a 600 part.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 1:02 PM Thread Starter

it may not even be from a 600, but the point is that i have a black wire on the 54, and not one on the new one. i don't know what to do with it
post #5 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 1:16 PM

Reputation Power: 20

for the 929.

red+ to battery
white- to battery
yellows are charging coil line
green and ground ( maybe black ) are for the ground line.

look up a 600 schematic and compare to that.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 1:21 PM

Reputation Power: 20

if the main harness is the one with the black wire, then see if you can follow it to where it connects. it may just be going to a ground point, which in that case you may be fine.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-26-2009, 2:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACI4LIFE View Post
if the main harness is the one with the black wire, then see if you can follow it to where it connects. it may just be going to a ground point, which in that case you may be fine.
the black one goes back to the harness where it splits into two wires which continue on , the one goes back to the engine stop relay, the other goes to the fuel cut off relay, continues also to the injectors, continues to fan control relay, continues to coils and solinoid valve, continues to o2 sensor and to the ECM. the only thing i could think it would do is pick up a certain amount of voltage out of the rectifier that gets back to the ecm to say everythings ok, but i don't know. its a black wire with white stripe. the other wires seriously look like it doesn't matter, yellow could go with any yellow, red with any red, green to green
post #8 of 9 Old 04-27-2009, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Regulator/Rectifier 954 swap out, -sticky material

OK. i tried and tried and tried to research this b4 i did it. and guess what....no good answers, so here you go. i bought a rectifier on ebay for cheap, part# sh678c-13. this will have to be hardwired in of course b/c the connectors aren't the same. this fits on cbr900's somewhere around 2000 year, cbr600's '02-'03 area. and more i'm sure. Heres the thing, the 954 has an additional black wire on the factory rectifier. this is not a ground wire, but runs thru the entire bike from the engine stop relay, to the fuel cut off relay, continues also to the injectors, continues to fan control relay, continues to coils and solinoid valve, continues to o2 sensor and to the ECM. Well guess what..."oh well", i didnt hook it to anything, just let it continue the loop w/o the r/r. the yellow wires, really don't make a difference, just hook them back to yellow, along with the reds and greens. and there you go, no more research, cuz it FREAKING WORKS! no more push starting a 954 for me!
post #9 of 9 Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

fixed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page