need low beam wiring diagram - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-27-2009, 2:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

need low beam wiring diagram

hey guys, I'm new here please redirect me if I'm on the wrong thread. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could give an idea how the low beam is wired on 05 1000rr , why I ask? well I want to try to make my right light to work also on low beam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-27-2009, 2:48 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: need low beam wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleboo View Post
hey guys, I'm new here please redirect me if I'm on the wrong thread. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could give an idea how the low beam is wired on 05 1000rr , why I ask? well I want to try to make my right light to work also on low beam.
On my 929 I just spliced in extra wires from the existing light connector across to the other two. The connectors on the 929 only have the two required pins in each connector so I pulled apart some car connectors and used those wires.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 12 Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Okay wait, if I do that won't it burn out the fuse and don't you need to use another relay to add to that so voltage equal out ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Okay wait, if I do that won't it burn out the fuse and don't you need to use another relay to add to that so voltage equal out ?
I didn't but I guess you could run a completely seperate circuit if you wanted to.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 5:45 AM Thread Starter

So what your saying that you haven't had any problem with the wire getting over load or I should say it did not get fried over time?..if so then I guess it's the easy way to do it.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 6:00 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
So what your saying that you haven't had any problem with the wire getting over load or I should say it did not get fried over time?..if so then I guess it's the easy way to do it.
No problem but I only ran it for a short time before the race season. Then I just kept the race fairings on which have a single CBR250R headlight in the front.

post #7 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 8:27 AM

Reputation Power: 36

Quote:
I think there's some confusion here blade. It sounds like pickleboo is under the impression that by using low beam feed over to his high beam light, he'll get another low beam to have both sides on.

The power supply and bulb are the same on both sides pickle. The difference is in the reflector itself which is built into the headlight assembly so you can't do what you're thinking. You'll just end up with your high beam on same as doing it with your handlebar switch.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzee View Post
I think there's some confusion here blade. It sounds like pickleboo is under the impression that by using low beam feed over to his high beam light, he'll get another low beam to have both sides on.

The power supply and bulb are the same on both sides pickle. The difference is in the reflector itself which is built into the headlight assembly so you can't do what you're thinking. You'll just end up with your high beam on same as doing it with your handlebar switch.
Reflector?
On the 929 all the globes were the same with both high and low beam elements. All I did was add the extra wiring and it worked fine.
I have no idea if the reflectors are different or not but low beam and high beam are basically the same elements except the low beam element has a plate covering the top half of it so it can only shine downwards.

post #9 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM

The reflector refers to the chrome backing inside the headlight itself. They look similar but one is designed for low beam reflection and the other for high beam reflection. Same bulb as well, H7. When you say "globe" what are you referring to? We don't use that term or element. Element or filament is in a bulb here.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 8:22 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
The reflector refers to the chrome backing inside the headlight itself. They look similar but one is designed for low beam reflection and the other for high beam reflection. Same bulb as well, H7. When you say "globe" what are you referring to? We don't use that term or element. Element or filament is in a bulb here.
A bulb is something you plant in the ground here.
Globes contain the element (or filament) and gas to emit the light.

post #11 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
A bulb is something you plant in the ground here.
Globes contain the element (or filament) and gas to emit the light.
You guys from another planet or something? Kidding, we have tulip bulbs here too!

Either which way blade, you can't make two low beams by running another wire from the low beam circuit to the high beam side.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-30-2009, 4:50 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
You guys from another planet or something? Kidding, we have tulip bulbs here too!

Either which way blade, you can't make two low beams by running another wire from the low beam circuit to the high beam side.
I see what you're getting at now.
I agree that the two outer reflectors may not focus the low beams in the same way as the centre one does but it's certainly possible to connect them up to have the low beams come on in them and thus have three low beam filaments operating.

However - I just dragged out my headlight to have a look at the reflectors and the OEM globes are single element!
I only have the OEM globe in the centre light so I can't be certain but the two outer lights are modified standard dual filament globes - the base plates are cut down to fit into the lights. My daughter has run off with my camera today but I'll try to remember to get photos.
I don't remember doing it - unless the original owner replaced them himself and didn't want to use the OEM globes for some reason. I do remember modifying the globe I run in the CBR250 headlight for some reason as well.
So, I have to agree on that basis alone that you can't hook up the two outer _OEM_ lights to run low beam. Although you could replace the outer globes with inner low beam globes I guess but you'd have no high beams at all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page