Yoshimura exhaust - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Yoshimura exhaust

hi all I have done a search and have not found what i am looking for what I would like to know is I have a 2000 929 and have just added a Yoshimura bolt on can but there is a cone shaped baffle on the pipe side has any one removed that when installing an aftermarket can or should i be removing it and dose removing it change any thing.I did exspect the yosh would of been a bit louder then it is it is not that much dirent then stock . thanks in advance to every one on this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: Yoshimura exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine929 View Post
hi all I have done a search and have not found what i am looking for what I would like to know is I have a 2000 929 and have just added a Yoshimura bolt on can but there is a cone shaped baffle on the pipe side has any one removed that when installing an aftermarket can or should i be removing it and dose removing it change any thing.I did exspect the yosh would of been a bit louder then it is it is not that much dirent then stock . thanks in advance to every one on this one
If you mean the cone that is part of the end of the midpipe that goes into the muffler many people simply cut it off with a hacksaw.
I have no idea if it actually makes any difference though as I have two OEM systems and both were already cut off before I got them.
I prefer quiet mufflers myself.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 25 Old 04-27-2009, 6:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
If you mean the cone that is part of the end of the midpipe that goes into the muffler many people simply cut it off with a hacksaw.
I have no idea if it actually makes any difference though as I have two OEM systems and both were already cut off before I got them.
I prefer quiet mufflers myself.

Yes that is the cone I am refering to. just wondering if it will make the bike a bit louder if i cut it off? I would like the bike a bit louder but not crazy just a bit louder as to let people driving in cars and truck that there is a bike around I think it helps to alert people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 04-27-2009, 9:30 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
just a bit louder as to let people driving in cars and truck that there is a bike around I think it helps to alert people.
It doesn't, at least not if you're thinking people will hear you in time to prevent them from killing you.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 8:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It doesn't, at least not if you're thinking people will hear you in time to prevent them from killing you.

Well Im not talking about if i'm racing around just under normel driving and it seems to have helped over the past 22 years of street riding i have notied a huge difference on my past bikes when in traffic if people here the bike they tend to look for it. but when the bikes are real quiet the people just change the lanes and opps there you are but that is just my experience
post #6 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 8:19 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Well Im not talking about if i'm racing around just under normel driving and it seems to have helped over the past 22 years of street riding i have notied a huge difference on my past bikes when in traffic if people here the bike they tend to look for it. but when the bikes are real quiet the people just change the lanes and opps there you are but that is just my experience
Nobody ahead of you can hear you until you're too close for it to save your life. Possibly if you mounted your muffler facing forward it might make a difference but even then I doubt it. On the race track I can just barely hear even big twins on full noise just a few meters behind me.

post #7 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 8:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nobody ahead of you can hear you until you're too close for it to save your life. Possibly if you mounted your muffler facing forward it might make a difference but even then I doubt it. On the race track I can just barely hear even big twins on full noise just a few meters behind me.

Again talking street in a big city with big building sound bounces all over not talking raceing, get off the track and in to the city. if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around dose it still make a sound.yes it dose but no one is around to hear it. but if you were there camping and a tree starts to fall you hear it braking your going to be looking for what tree is falling and get the h#*l out of the way. well if your smart you will.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 9:23 AM

loud pipes do not save lives. they simply piss off people and cops!
post #9 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 9:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
loud pipes do not save lives. they simply piss off people and cops!

Read my post were it said not crazy loud and your right no pipe will save a life and chemotherapy dose not cure cancer but it dose help to fight it. no were in any of my post did i say that pipes of any kind saves lives or did i say i wanted a straight pipe just one that can be herd a bit louder then the stock can
post #10 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Read my post were it said not crazy loud and your right no pipe will save a life and chemotherapy dose not cure cancer but it dose help to fight it. no were in any of my post did i say that pipes of any kind saves lives or did i say i wanted a straight pipe just one that can be herd a bit louder then the stock can
loud pipes do not fight it either. The sound is behind you while riding. The sound you claim is bouncing off of buildings is non directional so it offers nothing expect sound pollution
post #11 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Again talking street in a big city with big building sound bounces all over not talking raceing, get off the track and in to the city. if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around dose it still make a sound.yes it dose but no one is around to hear it. but if you were there camping and a tree starts to fall you hear it braking your going to be looking for what tree is falling and get the h#*l out of the way. well if your smart you will.
I merely mentioned the track because you don't often get to hear things like SP2's, 1098's and 996's on full noise elsewhere :-)
And if I can't hear one of those just a few meters away there is no way any car driver is going to hear a road bike muffler behind them.

post #12 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
loud pipes do not fight it either. The sound is behind you while riding. The sound you claim is bouncing off of buildings is non directional so it offers nothing expect sound pollution

so back to sound if your saying that it is sound pollution then for it to be sound pollution it has to be herd
post #13 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
so back to sound if your saying that it is sound pollution then for it to be sound pollution it has to be herd
Nobody is denying it can be heard, just that it can't be heard ahead of you.
If you do a lot of riding in reverse it might help though ;-)

post #14 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nobody is denying it can be heard, just that it can't be heard ahead of you.
If you do a lot of riding in reverse it might help though ;-)

Well that is what i might have to do any one have any info on how to put my bars on the back of my bike or i might not be heard
post #15 of 25 Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Well that is what i might have to do any one have any info on how to put my bars on the back of my bike or i might not be heard
As I mentioned earlier, I still don't think you'd be heard even with the muffler pointing forwards. You are moving forward and your exhaust gas and sound is moving backwards away from you. People _ahead_ of you are not going to hear anything early enough to make any difference to you.
It's not that complicated really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page