2001 929_ Gas light wont turn off - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-19-2009, 3:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2001 929_ Gas light wont turn off

Just purchased 2001 929rr_ when purchased there was little gas in the tank so I expected the light to be on. However now with a full tank the light will not turn off.. Is there a connection that I could check and/or where is the actual censor for the fuel light (assume in the tank) can it be tested....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-19-2009, 9:21 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: 2001 929_ Gas light wont turn off

Yeah, the sensor is in the tank with the pump, it all comes out on a plate that bolts to the underside of the tank. I'd check the connector first too, which is self evident when you lift the tank. If you do take the pump out, it is probably easier to drain as much fuel as you can from the tank, then remove the tank from the bike, turn it upside down and remove the plate with the pump on.
Good luck.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-27-2009, 3:01 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Just to clearify. I see quite a few views of this thread. When I purchased the bike it was at night time and with work I had only been riding in the evening. However on memorial day I went riding during the day and to my suprise there was no light on. It seems there is an aftermarket bezel on the face and its not seated properly so the light shines in past the bulb for the low fuel and made it seem alluminated.. But I would like to thank shittyarsedmonk for chimn in on the pump issue.... "I said good day"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-27-2009, 4:58 PM

Reputation Power: 11

No worries dude, happy riding

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page