What frame slider/fender eliminator for 09 Blade? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-22-2009, 7:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

What frame slider/fender eliminator for 09 Blade?

I need a slider that won't cut my fairings.. something that works.. Ebay has alot just not sure which are the best

Also, any eliminators that have the signals etc? any recommended ones that wont break the bank!?

Thanks Blade gurus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Re: What frame slider/fender eliminator for 09 Blade?

There's a bunch of no cut kits out there for frame sliders, but I have'nt heard of a single one performing well in a crash. Maybe I just don't look for them since i would never put a no cut on my baby. They cost more, and offer less protection than a cut in slider since they add lateral stress to the bolts that the sliders bracket attaches to. I only say this because more often than not, people who buy no cuts are under the impression that the crash protector is there to keep the shiny stuff shiny, which is just wrong. Crash protectors are intended to protect the frame and engine as much as possible and thats it, sure they can minimize damage to your fairing but in most cases your plastic will still get scratched even with no cuts.

If you dont have access to a drill I could understand not wanting cut in sliders, but thats about it.

I reccommend the R&G Aero crash protectors since they come with a spike to help center your bit, took me a whopping 30 minutes to do my last set, although I have done about 4 other R&G installs prior to that on my buddies' bikes so i had a little experience. I would say 1 hour tops, and thats only because learning how to take the plastic off the bike is harder than drilling the holes for the bobbins.

I understand drilling into your baby is scary, trust me I had reservations about it, but in the end the Aero bobbins look quite nice on the Fireblade, I've even had people comment that they look like they belong on the bike.

As for fender eliminators, I picked up a Bikelitez SS kit for my blade. Heres a link.

BikeLitez.Com - Tag Holders Turn Signals Halo Kits Angel Eyes Integrated Tail Lights!

It aint cheap compared to a few others out there but you get what you pay for in this case. I was actually surprised by the quality of the part, its fiber reinforced plastic, which basically means its a mix of fiber glass and plastic. Its very sturdy. The turn signal Led's are pretty standard fare electronic parts bin stuff, but they are bright and easily visible during the day. Only thing I dont like about it is the supplied tag bracket which compared to the actual undertail is pretty crappy, I cut mine down so its just enough to mount the plate to and thats it. Also people off to the side of you cant see the turn signals well during the day, but at night they are fine.

Ultimately its all about what you want your bike to look like, some fender eliminator kits require cutting, while others require you to keep your old turn signals (which imo are ugly). I like the look of the SS as it cleans up the entire rear end making the bike look even more like a MotoGP bike
post #3 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 2:47 PM

Dont get no cuts they are crap.

Get some R&G sliders and tailtidy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 5:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys ill look for them!
post #5 of 6 Old 05-24-2009, 8:23 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

R&G aeros on my 08 too

Mind you the set I got for my sv650 was amazing, had bar that went all the way through the bike, ops sorry Im just babbling

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #6 of 6 Old 06-02-2009, 7:11 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Send a message via MSN to sb1000rr

im just fitting some yoshi case savers to mine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page