Join Date: 09-07-2007
Location: A Canadian now back in Canada.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 26
Re: 929 No low beam
If it's at the shop, it's too late. If not, then I suggest you replace the accessible wiring. A high wattage bulb can not only burn the insulators (I assume by this you are talking about the colour-coded wire covering) but the wiring itself. There is enough continuity to hold some voltage when you put the voltmeter to it, but the moment you get any sort of current flow, like when you try to operate the bulb, the connection(s) go bad.
I used to struggle with that sort of thing on my rusty old British cars when I first started driving. The damned Lucas wiring was NFG when exposed to salty Canadian roads. Hmm, that reminds me of my first car, a 1962 Austin A40 Mk I Countryman. What a POS.
Anyways .... if I am correct, and you have some 99.5% fried wiring, it might prove very expensive to have that diagnosed and repaired at a shop. If I were in your shoes I would replace as much of the wiring as I could get to before handing it over to somebody who would charge me.