New Pazzo levers - not sure about installation - please help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-2009, 8:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

New Pazzo levers - not sure about installation - please help

I just got a pair of new pazzo levers, and I'm concerned about the fit of the brake lever.

It just doesn't seem to fit like the stock lever. The only way I could get the pivot bolt to line up, seems to be in a position such that the lever makes contact, just a little, with the brake switch/plunger/button thingy.

As a result, when I squeeze the brake, I don't hear the "click" of the electrical switch activating the brake light. It's as if the brake is already applied beyond that point, with the lever fully forward. My rear light is taped up and the fuse is pulled (it's a track bike), so I don't know if it's actually on all the time. I'll put in a fuse tonight and test that.

The other issue is that the lever now travels very little distance to apply full braking force. On the one hand, I guess that's a benefit, but on the other hand, it seems excessive. When I roll the bike, it doesn't seem like the brakes are applied at all. But the least bit of pressure on the lever, and the brakes come on strong. Within I would say a centimetre or two, I'm at full brakes and the lever won't move any more. This seems very, very sensitive, and I'm a little worried about how hard that's going to be to manage on the track.

I've never ridden a bike with these levers before. Is this normal? Should the lever feel and move about the same as the stock lever? Or should it be very sensitive with a narrow range of motion?

I don't think I got the wrong model, but I'm going to check with my dealer just to make sure...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--- D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: New Pazzo levers - not sure about installation - please help

I have these on my bike and I have them adjusted to number 4 I think for the brake side. I have fairly big hands and and only use 1 or 2 fingers for braking. From zero brake to full brake the lever travels about an inch. I do here the clicking though when I pull it so your lever may be off. I would definitely plug in your fuse and check to see if the brakes are on all the time.

Actually the other day (while riding) I noticed that the installation screw was backed out about 3/4 the way on the brake. So I need to take it out, clean and lube it , and reinstall it. So if you didn't, lubing the screw, it would be a good idea and might help your situation.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse954 View Post
I have these on my bike and I have them adjusted to number 4 I think for the brake side. I have fairly big hands and and only use 1 or 2 fingers for braking. From zero brake to full brake the lever travels about an inch. I do here the clicking though when I pull it so your lever may be off. I would definitely plug in your fuse and check to see if the brakes are on all the time.

Actually the other day (while riding) I noticed that the installation screw was backed out about 3/4 the way on the brake. So I need to take it out, clean and lube it , and reinstall it. So if you didn't, lubing the screw, it would be a good idea and might help your situation.
Thanks for the advice. My instincts are telling me something ain't right. I'll take it apart tonight and try again. First I'll test the brake light.

As for the screw backing out, you might want to try some blue loctite on the threads before putting on the counter nut on the bottom of the lever.

--- D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-02-2009, 1:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for reading - I think I have figured out what went wrong. Checked with the seller, and he sent me the wrong part! ....

Let's see if I'm able to master the act of unfastening a bolt and re-fastening it again, when the new part arrives.

--- D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page