Fuel Management question.....Bladeracer please step in. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 9:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Fuel Management question.....Bladeracer please step in.

Ok.......I am looking at a Terry Components Terminal Velocity 3. It is a closed loop system with a 02 sensor to keep your AFR 14.7 at cruse, and 13.5 at wot. I have checked out how it does this, and I am wondering how effecient it is. It has a ground, ignition, crank sensor wire, and 3 for the tps. One wire goes to TPS reference ground, and you cut the signal wire, and put one wire from the tv3 to the ecm end of the signal wire, and the 3rd tv3 wire to the tps end of the signal wire. So basically what it is doing is sampeling the AFR at the o2, and if it is rich, it is telling the ecm you have less TPS then u actually have, and if the o2 reads lean, its is telling the ecm u are running more tps then u actually are. It says you can use it withe existing devices like a pc3, but why? Won't it override the PC map according to your AFR? What do u guys think? Thanks guys!

Link:
Terry Components - Product Detail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Fuel Management question.....Bladeracer please step in.

13.5 seems rather lean, i'm 98% positive narrow band oxygen sensors cant' read that precise anyways.. for 500 dollars you could get a pc3 (usb maybe), and a custom map made. why wouldnt you just do that, then you know exactly what your a/f ratio is and you will have dyno numbers? aka bragging rights :-)

btw, just as an example.. i got a used pc3 usb for 200 shipped, also 2 custom maps made by the official tuner of the AMA drag bike championship series for 300 out the door..
post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda3x23 View Post
13.5 seems rather lean, i'm 98% positive narrow band oxygen sensors cant' read that precise anyways.. for 500 dollars you could get a pc3 (usb maybe), and a custom map made. why wouldnt you just do that, then you know exactly what your a/f ratio is and you will have dyno numbers? aka bragging rights :-)

btw, just as an example.. i got a used pc3 usb for 200 shipped, also 2 custom maps made by the official tuner of the AMA drag bike championship series for 300 out the door..
Well your AFR with a set map in 90 degree weather may be spot on, but it will be off a little lets say in 60degree weather. Then if your at sea leavel when u have it set, and go to lets say Denver, elevation will throw it off. By how much I'm not sure. My GTO is tuned, and on my dyno runs, it stays around 13.8 wot using the stock narrowbands??????? I wish Dynojet had the new PC V for my 954. With there auto kit I think they use wideband, and add fuel per injectors, and not TPS. Oh Well........Just looking for opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 12:48 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr954rr03 View Post
Well your AFR with a set map in 90 degree weather may be spot on, but it will be off a little lets say in 60degree weather. Then if your at sea leavel when u have it set, and go to lets say Denver, elevation will throw it off. By how much I'm not sure. My GTO is tuned, and on my dyno runs, it stays around 13.8 wot using the stock narrowbands??????? I wish Dynojet had the new PC V for my 954. With there auto kit I think they use wideband, and add fuel per injectors, and not TPS. Oh Well........Just looking for opinions.

13.8 really isnt possible you would have holy pistons. you cant get an accurate reading off a narrow band what so ever, those oxygen sensors read lean to rich w/ in .09 or so volts and base your a/f off of that.. it says it uses factory oxygen sensors, so this is what its reading..
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2009, 1:05 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the typo.....12.8

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page