Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Clutch Lever Question CBR929

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkN929RR 
#1 ·
Had a minor crash Saturday and after fixing the usual suspects (footpeg, barend, muffler bracket) went out for more sessions at a trackday. About 2 rounds later the clutch goes. Cable didn't snap, so I removed right engine cover to find that clutch lever broke at bottom end of housing where it engages clutch lifter pin. Since the bike fell on the right side it must have broken, or cracked on impact and then seperated.!!??

My question, has anyone ever had that happen? Will I need to order both parts or is there a way to take the top of the lever (where cable hooks) off the shaft? Could there be other damage to clutch?

:huh:

#2 ·
This is an easy fix. It's just one part (part #22810-MCJ-000). I'd doubt there's any clutch damage as long as you found all the broken pieces. I think this maybe a common problem because when I went to buy the replacement part it turned out that it's been superseded by an new one with a reinforced shaft. Don't forget to get a new side cover gasket while you're at the dealer unless you're cheap like me and just use liquid gasket ;)

Trackfan said:
Had a minor crash Saturday and after fixing the usual suspects (footpeg, barend, muffler bracket) went out for more sessions at a trackday. About 2 rounds later the clutch goes. Cable didn't snap, so I removed right engine cover to find that clutch lever broke at bottom end of housing where it engages clutch lifter pin. Since the bike fell on the right side it must have broken, or cracked on impact and then seperated.!!??

My question, has anyone ever had that happen? Will I need to order both parts or is there a way to take the top of the lever (where cable hooks) off the shaft? Could there be other damage to clutch?

:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.