03 cbr 954 codes - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-12-2009, 4:02 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-08-2009
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
03 cbr 954 codes

Can anyone tell me how to pull the codes for the FI indicator? And additionally; my bike sputters like crazy around 1500-3000 rpm when under load; however is fine in neutral. Anyone have a diagram or picture of the engine compartment under the tank to see how hoses are supposed to be routed? I got this bike salvaged and it has a bunch of ghost problems. Oh yea, and I forgot; theres a cable running into the airbox that operates an air flap; the other end of the cable (outside of the box) was disconnected...where does this go? Thanks again! this forum is pretty much amazing. wooo!
Mcskillet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 09-12-2009, 4:10 AM
 
Join Date: 07-02-2008
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Posts: 2,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 78
                     
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

To read codes;
Bike must be in N
Kickstand down
Killswitch in RUN
Ignition ON

1 long flash = 10 blinks
1 short flash = 1 blink

The cable is pulled by a servo motor under the seat on the left side. This motor also controls the HTEV in the exhaust. Is it still there?

If the servo is gone/the flapper cable is disconnected, you MUST remove the flapper in the airbox since it will suffocate the engine at 8K+ rpm!
BurtonF166 is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 09-12-2009, 4:27 AM
 
Join Date: 05-22-2009
Location: Fairview Heights, IL
Age: 38
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Here's how ya do it:
1. Make sure ign is off
2. Take off the seat
3. Short the PGM-FI system service check connector terminals
using a jumper wire (the red connector that is not connected to
anything, tucked behind the battery I believe it was)
4. Turn the ignition switch to "ON" and engine stop switch to "RUN".
5. If the ECM has no self diagnosis memory data, the
MIL will illuminate, when you turn the ignition switch to "ON".
6. If the ECM has self diagnosis memory data, the MIL
will start blinking, when you turn the ignition switch to "ON".
7. Note how many times the malfunction indicator
blinks, and determine the cause of the problem


What will happen is that the MIL light will have two types of blinks a long one (1.3sec) and/or a short one (0.5sec). The long blink represents something in the 1x-3x range and the short blink represents the single digit...i.e. you get 2 long blinks and 1 short, that means 21, 1 long and 4 short means 14, so on and so forth...


If you need the fault table to determine what the codes mean lemme know I can get you a copy of it.
Shinji43 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 Old 09-12-2009, 5:34 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcskillet View Post
Can anyone tell me how to pull the codes for the FI indicator? And additionally; my bike sputters like crazy around 1500-3000 rpm when under load; however is fine in neutral. Anyone have a diagram or picture of the engine compartment under the tank to see how hoses are supposed to be routed? I got this bike salvaged and it has a bunch of ghost problems. Oh yea, and I forgot; theres a cable running into the airbox that operates an air flap; the other end of the cable (outside of the box) was disconnected...where does this go? Thanks again! this forum is pretty much amazing. wooo!
Is the dash light actually indicating any errors?
If the servo motor is missing or disconnected you will have a code 34 or 35 but it doesn't affect the bike _provided_ the flapper is open and the HTEV is one of its three positions.
The OEM manual has routing diagrams of the entire bike. If you aren't familiar with the bike you are going to need a manual.
Under 3000RPM the engine isn't designed to pull any load so you would need to be more specific. You need to remove the flapper from the airbox if it isn't being operated by the servo motor.
It is worth checking the vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator is dry as they fail on these bikes.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 09-14-2009, 3:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-08-2009
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Is the dash light actually indicating any errors?
If the servo motor is missing or disconnected you will have a code 34 or 35 but it doesn't affect the bike _provided_ the flapper is open and the HTEV is one of its three positions.
The OEM manual has routing diagrams of the entire bike. If you aren't familiar with the bike you are going to need a manual.
Under 3000RPM the engine isn't designed to pull any load so you would need to be more specific. You need to remove the flapper from the airbox if it isn't being operated by the servo motor.
It is worth checking the vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator is dry as they fail on these bikes.
HTEV isnt even hooked up; the harness was cut off by the previous owner and I have no idea why. This thing probably wont ever run right again I assume..It only has 4100 miles on it too...its a damn shame. Anyone interested in just taking it off my hands? It needs alot of little things; needs a new rectifier, needs paint on the tank and the rear tail section, some engine work I assume; etc. Its salvaged; looking to get $3000 for it, which is exactly what I paid for it.
Mcskillet is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 09-14-2009, 5:25 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcskillet View Post
HTEV isnt even hooked up; the harness was cut off by the previous owner and I have no idea why. This thing probably wont ever run right again I assume..It only has 4100 miles on it too...its a damn shame. Anyone interested in just taking it off my hands? It needs alot of little things; needs a new rectifier, needs paint on the tank and the rear tail section, some engine work I assume; etc. Its salvaged; looking to get $3000 for it, which is exactly what I paid for it.
The HTEV being disconnected is fine and doesn't affect the bike at all.
Did you check the flapper, HTEV position and fuel pressure regulator?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 PM
 
Join Date: 07-24-2011
Location: ny
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

like to say thank u guys u gave me some really good info,i found the problem with my friends. 954 i was having spark isues, come to find out a bolt fell off the pulse generator.
team50shop is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 10-11-2011, 9:30 PM
 
Join Date: 10-11-2011
Location: san diego,ca
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Okay I'm having a similar problem. when i pulled the code it went like this:

1 long
2 shorter then
9 blinks

is that 39????
cmcclain43 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 10-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclain43 View Post
Okay I'm having a similar problem. when i pulled the code it went like this:

1 long
2 shorter then
9 blinks

is that 39????

No, codes 12 and 9.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Join Date: 10-11-2011
Location: san diego,ca
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

By any chance does anyone know what codes 12 and 9 stand for?
cmcclain43 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 10-12-2011, 4:20 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclain43 View Post
By any chance does anyone know what codes 12 and 9 stand for?

You don't have a manual?
IAT and #1 injector.
Have you been under the tank recently?
If you have code #12 the engine won't start.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 10-12-2011, 7:37 PM
 
Join Date: 10-11-2011
Location: san diego,ca
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

it's my buddies bike. We are trying to download a manual now. Yeah we had to go under the tank to disconnect his power commander, because we thought that was the problem originally.
cmcclain43 is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 10-26-2011, 8:02 PM
 
Join Date: 10-26-2011
Location: irving
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

I need to know how to clear my fi codes.
8mi954 is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 10-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 03 cbr 954 codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mi954 View Post
I need to know how to clear my fi codes.

Fix the problems that are causing the codes.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First set of codes. BurtonF166 Honda FireBlade 19 06-04-2009 2:14 AM
929 Oil light codes? FastBikerBoy Honda FireBlade 2 09-08-2008 1:58 PM
FI Codes 36juggalo Honda FireBlade 4 02-05-2008 3:27 PM
FI codes... PeanutsAndSoap Honda CBR 600 0 06-02-2007 11:15 AM
929 codes? smigg duece Honda FireBlade 1 05-20-2006 10:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome