How much difference - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 7:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

How much difference

Does a power commander make to a 954 with a end can attached?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 8:11 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: How much difference

If you get it tuned properly it will give you a smoother power delivery throughout the entire rpm range and probably give you about 5 hp or so with a end can. If you don't plan on having the bike tuned or can't do it yourself with a data logger then I wouldn't waste the money on it. Unless you have a lot of patients and know how to tune a bike by your butt dyno. The money would be better spent on a good set of brake lines, some riding gear, or a new set of sprockets and chain with a -1/+2 on the sprockets. Just my 2 cent.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 8:15 AM Thread Starter

Roland, thanks, I do find the power delivery a bit snatchy at time and it can be a challenge coming out of corners have the correct power delivery. Hoses are on my list as I find the brakes a bit too sharp, so hopefully they will give more feel to them.

Anyone who can recommend a good dyno place to get this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 8:26 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Sorry can't help you with that one. I live in the wrong country to answer that question. If you do find a good tuner it will be worth the cash. You will grin from ear to ear every time you ride it.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicbiker View Post
Does a power commander make to a 954 with a end can attached?
Too many variables. It depends on how well the muffler works with the engine already. If it's very good then you won't see much improvment from the PC3. The PC is more for smoothing the power to make it usable. It doesn't usually nett you much if any peak power.
I put a muffler on my '98 GSXR750 while it was still strapped on the dyno and saw 5% more peak power with no tuning at all, which was incredible.
Half the fun of GSXR's is the harsh power delivery so I never even bothered with a PC. On the 929/954 a good map can give you a perfectly smooth curve though.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 3:03 PM

Reputation Power: 166

Quote:
Roland, thanks, I do find the power delivery a bit snatchy at time and it can be a challenge coming out of corners have the correct power delivery. Hoses are on my list as I find the brakes a bit too sharp, so hopefully they will give more feel to them.

I used SDC Performance in Stevenage, depending on where you are in London they might not be too far away - but there is a list of authorised Dynojet centres on their website, have a look if there is anything closer to you.

SDC did a good job with my Dynojet.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-10-2009, 6:27 PM

Quote:

not sure where in London you are but I've used Banjax in east London, but I've also used PDQ in Taplow which is a little further out, but they know their stuff!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page