New RR8 on Friday !! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 3:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

New RR8 on Friday !!

Hello ALL, will be picking up my new, to me , RR8 on Friday.
Anyone got any thoughts about what to have a look for b4 I set off home. Trading up from gsxr 750 k6. Arethere any ways to tell if recalls have been done? What sort of mileage on motorways?
Any help appreciated.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 5:12 AM

Reputation Power: 166

Re: New RR8 on Friday !!

Congrats on the new bike! If you search on here you'll be able to find loads of stuff on the 08 Blade.

From what I know, there was a recall to fit a new exhaust as the original one discolours. I think there might have been a recall for the clutch? Not sure what for exactly - there will be a thread on here about it no doubt.

The other biggie is oil consumption which doesn't seem to affect all bikes fron what I have read. There has been a lot of debate about it, apparently Honda claim 1l/600 miles is acceptable! So keep a close eye on the oil level, every time you use the bike - from what I have read on here it can work out that they need topping up with oil with every tank of petrol!
post #3 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 5:58 AM

Reputation Power: 21

Jammie Git hope the weather stays dry for you

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 AM

Reputation Power: 11

Congrats on your new bike
Have you asked for a radiator guard to be fitted? An R&G one costs about 60 in the UK, due to the blade having a short front mudguard there have been cases of ppl getting stones into the rad. which I'm sure is about 650 to replace. As far as running it in, there is a lot of different opinions, some say open it up but don't redline it to seal the rings. My dealer said < 6000 rpm till first service then keep it below redline < 1000miles. Mileage on motorways .. depends how fast your cruising 80-90mph I get @140 miles, but I tend to avoid motorways and take any direct route I can find, stops the tyres squaring and is soo much more fun on a blade.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Ooops sorry should have Why Eye Ye ganna reely enjoy tha blade mate!!
post #6 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Thnx for the replies, should hav made clear, its 2nd hand bike done 3,800mls so hopefully oil usage should have calmed down by now (that'll be doon, Big E lol).

Bill
post #7 of 7 Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfbill View Post
Thnx for the replies, should hav made clear, its 2nd hand bike done 3,800mls so hopefully oil usage should have calmed down by now (that'll be doon, Big E lol).
Bill
I guessed it would be used so no running in. If you are buying it from a dealer, then ask for any recall work (clutch, maybe exhaust as already mentioned).
Although honda oil change interval is 8000 miles, for your peace of mind have one done (+ filter of course) & put in synthetic oil as honda recommends.
Checking oil level is tedious & IMO you can easily overfill which leads too oil being burnt etc...
It is a wonderful machine; in terms of size & weight it should not be too different to your GXR.
As bigE said do put a rad guard as the silly season of farmers spraying our beautiful roads with sewerage, muck & stones has started!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page