Pin location fuel injector plug - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Pin location fuel injector plug

By any chance does anyone have the pin numbers/locations of the 8 pin fuel injector plug/harness. i am trying to do a work around splicing but I have to make sure I have the correct pin location. The Harness has
P/Y Inj1
P/Bu Inj2
P/G Inj3
P/Bl Inj4
BL/W Inj grnd
Y/R TP Sens
G/O TP Sens
R/Y TP Sens

I am trying to work backwords. I have the other side of the plug (pc3usb) which does not have the same wire colors. I need to makes sure I have the correct pin position in order to do my wiring.
Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 2:31 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Pin location fuel injector plug

I assume the PC is not designed for the 929?
What you need is a wiring diagram for the bike the PC is designed for so you know which pin goes where on that bike.
Since you have a 929 already you can see where the pins are in the plugs already. Me telling you which they are isn't going to help you at all since you have them in front of you anyway.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 2:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, actually its the other way around. pc from a 929 fitting into a vfr800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 2:40 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcampbell View Post
Thanks for the reply, actually its the other way around. pc from a 929 fitting into a vfr800.
Do you know for sure that the 929 PC is compatible with the VFR ECU - can it make sense of the data?

You need 929 and VFR800 wiring diagrams to determine which pins go where.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 2:47 PM Thread Starter

To be honest, I am not positive the pc will make sense of the data. Got the pc3 for free and the vfr is a salvage. I have the wiring diagrams for both bikes, so if the colors were consistent on the pc3 unit, it would be simple, but the pc3 uses different colors for the wires. Looking at the wiring on the pc3, I can tell which 4 are the injectors but i need to make sure the order they are in the harness.
post #6 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 2:59 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
To be honest, I am not positive the pc will make sense of the data. Got the pc3 for free and the vfr is a salvage. I have the wiring diagrams for both bikes, so if the colors were consistent on the pc3 unit, it would be simple, but the pc3 uses different colors for the wires. Looking at the wiring on the pc3, I can tell which 4 are the injectors but i need to make sure the order they are in the harness.
Which is why you need to determine which wires in the 929 connector and which wires in the VFR connector are to injector #1. The 929 wiring diagram will identify the wires in the PC harness for injector #1. Connect those wires to the injector #1 wires in the VFR harness.
If you have the wiring diagrams for both already I don't understand what you need from a forum. I don't know if the PC's use the same wiring colours as the bikes they fit but the colours aren't relevant since you're simply changing the postions of the wires in the connectors so they line up correctly.
You don't want to connect the injectors in the same numerical order unless both engines happen to have the same firing order. For the 929 it's 1-2-4-3 but I don't have a VFR manual handy. You will need to connect them in the order in which they fire.

post #7 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 3:12 PM Thread Starter

The wiring diagrams show me what 8 wires are in the 929 harness but not the position in the harness. The pc3 wires are not color coordinated the same, so I cant tell which is which.
I wonder if your right about the firing order.. I was under the asumption the pc3 just takes the ecu signal and adds or decreases it, so if the ecu is sending a pulse to inj #1 the pc3 would take the signal bump it, and send it off to inj #1.
post #8 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 3:22 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
The wiring diagrams show me what 8 wires are in the 929 harness but not the position in the harness. The pc3 wires are not color coordinated the same, so I cant tell which is which.
I wonder if your right about the firing order.. I was under the asumption the pc3 just takes the ecu signal and adds or decreases it, so if the ecu is sending a pulse to inj #1 the pc3 would take the signal bump it, and send it off to inj #1.
Do you mean the PC you have does not have its connectors?
That's what it will do but it won't run if you use the 929's firing order of 1-2-4-3 on the VFR ECU. I think the VFR fires 1-3-2-4 so connecting the injectors in the same order will squirt fuel into #1 correctly, then into #2 while the VFR's #2 piston is somewhere other than the induction stroke, then into #4 while the piston is also not on induction and then into #3 in the same way. When it comes back to #1 though, it'll fire properly :-)

post #9 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 3:25 PM
Global Moderator

Since neither the 929 or VFR are uncommon bikes I think you'd be far better off selling the PC to a 929 owner and buying a VFR PC.
I'm all for innovation and ingenuity but I just don't see any advantage to making the 929 PC work on the VFR - if it will work at all.

post #10 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 3:33 PM Thread Starter

I'm beginning to agree with you..
post #11 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 3:42 PM

Reputation Power: 36

I don't know if I would continue with trying to make it fit but the PC really doesn't know or control what inj or plug fires when, it just alters the sensor inputs to trick the PCM, meaning you may be able to make it work if you knew the wiring.

If you want to make it work, try calling their tech support line for help. I used them before and they were very helpful. They may also have a wiring diagram for you.
post #12 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 3:49 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzee View Post
I don't know if I would continue with trying to make it fit but the PC really doesn't know or control what inj or plug fires when, it just alters the sensor inputs to trick the PCM, meaning you may be able to make it work if you knew the wiring.
That's the problem. The ECU tells it when to fire and it does so according to what it _believes_ the firing order is. As long as you connect the 929 injector wires to match the VFR's firing order it should work fine in that aspect. 929 #1 to VFR #1, 929 #2 to VFR #3, 929 #4 to VFR #2 and 929 #3 to VFR #4. Whether the 929 PC can fathom the data being sent from the VFR's ECU though I don't know.

post #13 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 4:01 PM

I think the sequence is determined by the bikes ECM blade but either way it's tricky for sure
post #14 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 4:05 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if its worth the effort, but maybe I'll give the tech guys a call. Its more of a challange.
I would imagine though as long as its hooked up as
Ecu Inj#1 output to pc3 inj#1 input, and pc3 inj#1 output to harness inj#1 input the signal would flow through the pc3 to the correct injector, just increased or decreased.
I know there is probably more variables that I am not taking into account like different resistence levels, different voltage, signal length (time injector is opened).
post #15 of 21 Old 10-16-2009, 4:09 PM

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the VFR still has its original ECM and a Power Commander from a 929 was trying to be fitted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page