Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Hi Guys,

lately I got a very lucrative offer from friend of mine, who trade second hand and new bikes from Japan, to buy a brand new Honda Fireblade 1000RR for a very nice price.

But I heard that in Japan, a bikes for local market are being sold with buileded in limit for speed. Like I cant get faster then 180 km/h.

Do you know something about it? Is it true? All feedback is appreciated. Cost of question is about 12 000 USD. If there are no power limit, I probably gonna do it.

Boris
Govnobaiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:11 PM
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 38
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnobaiker View Post
Hi Guys,

lately I got a very lucrative offer from friend of mine, who trade second hand and new bikes from Japan, to buy a brand new Honda Fireblade 1000RR for a very nice price.

But I heard that in Japan, a bikes for local market are being sold with buileded in limit for speed. Like I cant get faster then 180 km/h.

Do you know something about it? Is it true? All feedback is appreciated. Cost of question is about 12 000 USD. If there are no power limit, I probably gonna do it.

Boris
As far as I knew all bikes wether American or Euro have the governer or speed inhibiter built in. It's not 180km/h but 176 MPH give or take registered speed reading.

That being said ... a 1000RR for 12K??? Good lord ... WAY TOO MUCH for that bike. I can by them all day long in the US for around $8500 BRAND SPANKIN NEW for an 08' or a tiny bit more for an 09'!!! That thing better be a one of kind gold plated bad boy!!

"If you feel you're in control you're not going fast enough" ~ Mario Andretti
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
As far as I knew all bikes wether American or Euro have the governer or speed inhibiter built in. It's not 180km/h but 176 MPH give or take registered speed reading.

That being said ... a 1000RR for 12K??? Good lord ... WAY TOO MUCH for that bike. I can by them all day long in the US for around $8500 BRAND SPANKIN NEW!!! That thing better be a one of kind gold plated bad boy!!
... forgot to say, it is delivered all duties included... the ExW price is about 7500 . But how about the bikes made for Japanese market? are they also 176 mph limit?
Govnobaiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:19 PM
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 38
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnobaiker View Post
... forgot to say, it is delivered all duties included... the ExW price is about 7500 . But how about the bikes made for Japanese market? are they also 176 mph limit?
Yeah my $8500 was out the door ... taxes tags and fees included kinda thing. I still think that $12000 including shipping as VERY VERY high but then again I've never shipped a bike over seas.

As far as I knew the bikes engine wise were goverened the same but don't quote me on that.

"If you feel you're in control you're not going fast enough" ~ Mario Andretti
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

It seems US bought bikes could come cheaper, where can I look for the 1000RR for 8500? Would be happy to know!!!
Govnobaiker is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:25 PM
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 38
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnobaiker View Post
It seems US bought bikes could come cheaper, where can I look for the 1000RR for 8500? Would be happy to know!!!
US is correct ... buying a US bike though will limit you on color schemes for sure. There my be other options also not available on US bikes VS. Euro/Asian made bikes but I would imagin those are few and far between.

I could post multipul deals over here in the US around me but $8500 before shipping might not be accurate considering you are over seas.

"If you feel you're in control you're not going fast enough" ~ Mario Andretti
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Anyway to continue this discussion via email?
Govnobaiker is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 4:33 PM
 
Join Date: 07-13-2008
Location: Fairfax VA
Age: 38
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25
                   
Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed954
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnobaiker View Post
Anyway to continue this discussion via email?
Sure.

[email protected]

"If you feel you're in control you're not going fast enough" ~ Mario Andretti
JohnnySpeed954 is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 5:58 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govnobaiker View Post
Hi Guys,

lately I got a very lucrative offer from friend of mine, who trade second hand and new bikes from Japan, to buy a brand new Honda Fireblade 1000RR for a very nice price.

But I heard that in Japan, a bikes for local market are being sold with buileded in limit for speed. Like I cant get faster then 180 km/h.

Do you know something about it? Is it true? All feedback is appreciated. Cost of question is about 12 000 USD. If there are no power limit, I probably gonna do it.

Boris
I think you'd need to replace the ECU at least to beat the Japanese limiter. Outside of Japan I think all bikes are speed limited to 300kph (186mph) although I had an idea French bikes were limited in some way?
How does US$12K compare to the price locally?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 10-19-2009, 8:24 PM
 
Join Date: 04-24-2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 1,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 21
             
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Pretty pointless comparing US prices to other countries.
Unless you know what taxes/duty are included and other restrictions.

Personally I think you might be better getting a local 2nd hand model.
That could even have warranty left on it - something you wont have with an import.
dicknose is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 10-20-2009, 4:18 AM
 
Join Date: 12-15-2008
Location: england, wiltshire
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11
 
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

in France, bikes are limited to around 105 HP which will automatically affect the top speed.
I get a suspicion this will hit uk & the rest of Europe eventually.
There may well be a restriction in Japan too.
You need to be aware of other costs too: repairs, warranty & perhaps headlight conversion
bonjo is offline  
post #12 of 17 Old 10-20-2009, 6:44 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjo View Post
There may well be a restriction in Japan too.
I think Japan is as stated restricted to 180kph.
They used to be restricted to 77hp I think but that went away.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 10-20-2009, 7:44 AM
 
Join Date: 08-19-2008
Location: Qld, Oz
Posts: 6,493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 166
                     
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjo View Post
in France, bikes are limited to around 105 HP which will automatically affect the top speed.
I get a suspicion this will hit uk & the rest of Europe eventually.
There may well be a restriction in Japan too.
You need to be aware of other costs too: repairs, warranty & perhaps headlight conversion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
I think Japan is as stated restricted to 180kph.
They used to be restricted to 77hp I think but that went away.
I'm pretty sure our French cousins are restricted to ~100BHP as well.

I also recall seeing something about Japanese bikes having a top speed restrictor in them as well - 180kph does ring a bell.
Dangerous Des is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 10-21-2009, 8:13 AM
 
Join Date: 03-21-2005
Location: Wiltshire, uk
Age: 52
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20
         
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Jap bikes used to be limited to a top speed around 112mph iirc (from having a Jap import FZR400RR- Exup year back). Back then they were simple to derestrict but not these day, I would bet.

French bikes are the same as other Euro models, inc UK as far as I can determine. Years back the French did have different rules but I think they are no longer forcing the issue when you could go to Spian, Belgium, Italy, etc and pick up the same unrestricted bike for the same Euro's.
machinehead is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 10-21-2009, 9:20 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: Honda Fireblade 1000RR from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
Jap bikes used to be limited to a top speed around 112mph iirc (from having a Jap import FZR400RR- Exup year back). Back then they were simple to derestrict but not these day, I would bet.

French bikes are the same as other Euro models, inc UK as far as I can determine. Years back the French did have different rules but I think they are no longer forcing the issue when you could go to Spian, Belgium, Italy, etc and pick up the same unrestricted bike for the same Euro's.
That's 180kph alright :-)
France and Germany are different models from the rest of Europe.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 08 1000RR (fireblade) CBR600RRider01 Review My Ride 18 04-16-2009 1:22 AM
Is the 1000RR a Fireblade? 06CBR1KMFNRR Honda FireBlade 27 01-13-2008 3:05 PM
Honda Civic Type-R vs CBR 1000RR Honda Fireblade .OrgOwner General Discussion 4 10-18-2007 12:26 AM
race base 1000RR released in Japan gunichan Honda FireBlade 22 01-23-2004 12:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome