wont start... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-01-2009, 9:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

wont start...

ive got a 94 900rr and i can not get it to start. the carbs that were on it were really bad when i got it so i bought new ones on ebay and they were clean. i resealed the tank since it was varnished with bad old gas. i put the new carbs on it and it will just crank crank. the plugs get a little wet and it wont even pop. it started but very poorly ran of the old carbs but not of the new clean ones. is it possible that the carbs are sooo out of sync that it wont start.. im stuck spark fuel compression... i have it all but it just wont start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: wont start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh_9 View Post
ive got a 94 900rr and i can not get it to start. the carbs that were on it were really bad when i got it so i bought new ones on ebay and they were clean. i resealed the tank since it was varnished with bad old gas. i put the new carbs on it and it will just crank crank. the plugs get a little wet and it wont even pop. it started but very poorly ran of the old carbs but not of the new clean ones. is it possible that the carbs are sooo out of sync that it wont start.. im stuck spark fuel compression... i have it all but it just wont start
If you spray starter fluid into the intakes does it fire then?
I doubt synchronisation will stop it from starting unless they've been severely messed with. Are they also off a '94 model?
When you opened them up to ensure they were clean did you check all the jets are intact and the float valves aren't stuck?
Is fuel flowing out of the tank okay when you suck on the vacuum line?
Plugs are new and compression is okay?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 6 Old 11-02-2009, 9:01 PM Thread Starter

no starting fluid dosnt even make it pop. jets are there and the needles are working perfectly. not sticking. i dont know if the carbs are off the 94 model. and there isnt a vacum line off the petcock on the tank. it flows freely could i have just that weak of a spark cause the plugs are slightly wet. if a cut of switch, like the kickstand for instance, is engaged does it prevent spark to keep it from starting or will it just not turn over..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
no starting fluid dosnt even make it pop. jets are there and the needles are working perfectly. not sticking. i dont know if the carbs are off the 94 model. and there isnt a vacum line off the petcock on the tank. it flows freely could i have just that weak of a spark cause the plugs are slightly wet. if a cut of switch, like the kickstand for instance, is engaged does it prevent spark to keep it from starting or will it just not turn over..
If starting fluid doesn't fire it then you have to figure there's no spark.
Have you got a good plug that you can use to check for spark?
When you say "needles" you mean the float valves?
You don't need the needle jets or slides to start the bike.
I'd have to check the wiring diagram to now how the various kill switches affect it and I don't have one for '94 sorry.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 6 Old 11-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Send a message via Yahoo to unfetteredmight

Quote:
spark fuel compression... i have it all but it just wont start
So you visually verified a healthy blue spark at each plug, in time?

You've run a compression check on the engine? What were your readings?
post #6 of 6 Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 AM

Just a hunch but, when you checked the needles, is there a clip on both sides. I've seen guys put only one c clip on and it won't fire...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page