08 fireblade sounds like a tractor (with a video)pls help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-04-2009, 3:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

08 fireblade sounds like a tractor (with a video)pls help

hi evry 1 i just recently bought an 08 fieblade ,, but there is a noise in the engine driving me crazy ,, i couldnt sleep the night thinking of it . and i heared some other fireblades with the same noise ?( so it's not just mine ) and not evry blade sound like this either but am sure it's not normal this is a video to show u how annoying is the sound .... and i didnt buy it from a dealer .. if any 1 could tell what to do i'll never forget the
favor,..thanks
YouTube - 2008 CBR 1000RR with Yoshimura R77 Full system

vbrep_register("871057")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-04-2009, 3:41 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Re: 08 fireblade sounds like a tractor (with a video)pls help

buy an 07

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #3 of 13 Old 11-04-2009, 3:59 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

I wish more tractors sounded like that :-)

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 11-04-2009, 4:03 PM

Reputation Power: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post

I think it sounds fine from here.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-04-2009, 4:07 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spina220 View Post

I think it sounds fine from here.

Do, or do not, there is no try !
The mind is a funny thing

Jazzy's Blog
post #6 of 13 Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 AM

Last time I am posting this. It is the crank and clutch basket, they are out of sync. If you don't believe me, put the bike in first gear and hold the front brake and put a little pressure on the clutch, the noise will go away as it will put pressure on the crank and clutch basket. I have had two brand new 08's and one rebuilt engine they all sound fine in the beginning, but all ended sounding like yours. But don't get to uptight about it, I have been riding mine for thousands of miles with the noise and power is fine and not burning any oil. I am going to get a 2010 with the stronger crank and see if it still happens. Before I get a lot posts on how your 08 doesn't do it and you have thousands of miles on your bike, let me have your bike for a day or two and I will have it whining like this guys bike. It happens when you ride hard and hit the gears. I know a lot of you guys ride fast, I've seen it on youtube, but you ride smooth. If you want your 08 to last, don't hit the gears hard at 10k and don't do 2nd gear clutch ups. The bottom line is I've done it to 3 engines, it is not by chance. Lucky I am an older guy who can afford this hobby and I like to ride the way I do, If the 2010 doesn't do it, I'll find another bike and leave this bike for the fast but smooth riders or the average street rider. Don't get me wrong I love the bike, great torque, ergo's and handling, it just needs some fine tuning so it can last like the 07's under any riding conditions.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-06-2009, 3:33 AM Thread Starter

thank you very much duke rr8 it seems you are a wise rider with alot of experience .
but what i have to do now ?? do i have to change the crank and the clutch basket ??
thank u very much
post #8 of 13 Old 11-06-2009, 3:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeRR8 View Post
Last time I am posting this. It is the crank and clutch basket, they are out of sync. If you don't believe me, put the bike in first gear and hold the front brake and put a little pressure on the clutch, the noise will go away as it will put pressure on the crank and clutch basket. I have had two brand new 08's and one rebuilt engine they all sound fine in the beginning, but all ended sounding like yours. But don't get to uptight about it, I have been riding mine for thousands of miles with the noise and power is fine and not burning any oil. I am going to get a 2010 with the stronger crank and see if it still happens. Before I get a lot posts on how your 08 doesn't do it and you have thousands of miles on your bike, let me have your bike for a day or two and I will have it whining like this guys bike. It happens when you ride hard and hit the gears. I know a lot of you guys ride fast, I've seen it on youtube, but you ride smooth. If you want your 08 to last, don't hit the gears hard at 10k and don't do 2nd gear clutch ups. The bottom line is I've done it to 3 engines, it is not by chance. Lucky I am an older guy who can afford this hobby and I like to ride the way I do, If the 2010 doesn't do it, I'll find another bike and leave this bike for the fast but smooth riders or the average street rider. Don't get me wrong I love the bike, great torque, ergo's and handling, it just needs some fine tuning so it can last like the 07's under any riding conditions.
thank you very much duke rr8 it seems you are a wise rider with alot of experience .
but what i have to do now ?? do i have to change the crank and the clutch basket ??
thank u very much
post #9 of 13 Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 AM

Yes, when I had my engine rebuilt they but in a new crank, bearings and clutch basket. When I got the bike back, the sound was perfect no whining or tractor sound. I rode the bike easy for 1200 miles and everything was fine. But for me that got boring so I started riding it like a real race is supposed to be and the whine came back. However the whine is much less now than before. Yours has a pretty loud whine, if it is still under warranty take it to honda, they will should video the bike and send it into honda for approval. It's sounds like your a new rider if you get the engine done you should be fine for a very long time. The only thing I would caution you about is that when they pull your engine and put it back it will probably never be the same as the honda techs don't torque everything to spec. When I got mine back it had vibrations that it never had before. Good Luck
post #10 of 13 Old 11-06-2009, 9:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeRR8 View Post
Yes, when I had my engine rebuilt they but in a new crank, bearings and clutch basket. When I got the bike back, the sound was perfect no whining or tractor sound. I rode the bike easy for 1200 miles and everything was fine. But for me that got boring so I started riding it like a real race is supposed to be and the whine came back. However the whine is much less now than before. Yours has a pretty loud whine, if it is still under warranty take it to honda, they will should video the bike and send it into honda for approval. It's sounds like your a new rider if you get the engine done you should be fine for a very long time. The only thing I would caution you about is that when they pull your engine and put it back it will probably never be the same as the honda techs don't torque everything to spec. When I got mine back it had vibrations that it never had before. Good Luck
thank you very much man ,,but could u please tell me where did u buy the crank from ( i tried to find a new one but they all was used and i thought they will be propbly removed from whining bikes )
man thank you very much for your help and i'll never forget you this favor
post #11 of 13 Old 11-06-2009, 9:56 PM

most hondas have staright cut gears for the basket and crank gears there very noisey if you dont have a ton of metal on the magnet drain plug dont worry about it.
post #12 of 13 Old 11-07-2009, 1:08 AM

All my parts came new from honda, it was done under warranty.
post #13 of 13 Old 11-25-2009, 11:36 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Send a message via AIM to FTP_929

Reving the **** out of it when the bike is cold isn't going to help either..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page