Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Can anyone help me with this install dilema I ran into?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  CBRBob 
#1 · (Edited)
Below is a pic of a longer bolt that was supplied and a new wire to trigger the brake light on my new SATO rearsets. Can anyone tell me how to install this longer bolt? do you have to remove the C-clip? and can anyone tell me how in the hell you are supposed to install the brake light sensor. The instructions are horrible and I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for the help.

#8 ·
HyrePower said:
Below is a pic of a longer bolt that was supplied and a new wire to trigger the brake light on my new SATO rearsets. Can anyone tell me how to install this longer bolt? do you have to remove the C-clip? and can anyone tell me how in the hell you are supposed to install the brake light sensor. The instructions are horrible and I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for the help.
Don't have these myself, yet, but I believe the new, longer bolt replaces the rear brake banjo bolt. It is a pressure switch to replace the mechanical switch that is standard on the 'Blade. Shouldn't have anything to do with the C-clip that I can see.

Of course, you will have to bleed the rear brake system after cracking the seal and replacing the banjo bolt. Should be item #19 in the parts diagram, below.

Link

#9 ·
HyrePower said:
You got instructions???? Lucky you. ;) I used your pics and put some notes and comments on them that should help you with the brake light switch. HGToo did my wiring as she did her 929's . I had her tell me exactly what she did. Take a look at the pics and hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to explain.

No info on the extra bolt...I noticed you got a nut with yours...I didn't..just the bolt and washer. :huh: Maybe I'll fuss with mine today. When I called Dan Kyle's shop and spoke with Alex, he had no clue what it was for. Guess we'll just have to figure it out ourselves. :rolleyes:

Attachments

#12 ·
Most rearsets are designed for racebikes, and usually have no provision for brake light switches. Best solution I have seen is to replace the standard switch with a banjo pressure switch. Goodridge make them in stainless steel. Much neater than the standard switch.

#14 ·
DavidW said:
Most rearsets are designed for racebikes, and usually have no provision for brake light switches. Best solution I have seen is to replace the standard switch with a banjo pressure switch. Goodridge make them in stainless steel. Much neater than the standard switch.
Yup, exactly! That Goodridge part is the very one that Dan Kyle supplies when you purchase Sato rearsets, and the one that Hyerpower is using! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.