Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Ohlins.... Worth the money?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  cbrsmurf 
#1 ·
Need some help here. I have a leak in my RF shock, had the seals replaced twice. The tech is suggesting the fork itself may have a scratch in it. So I have heard good things about Ohlins ( quote "Should be the first mod done on a bike") and I looked into it. The price is a tad higher then I thought it would be but somewhat okay with it. Is it really worth the cost? Will the ride improve a ton? How do I convince the wife it is worth the swipe of the card??? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

#2 ·
before buying Ohlins forks, you should look into replacing the internals...springs, valves, etc. You may purchase Ohlin's internals w/o buying the whole forks.
Aside from Ohlins, you should look at Race Tech...they have similar high quality internal components.
And yes, have the forks (and/or shock) set for your weight, riding style, etc. will make a noticeable difference in the way the bike rides, handles, etc.
Good luck!

#4 ·
I replaced the internals of my forks with race tech guts, the improvement is quite nice almost night and day, I'm asking myself the same question should I get the holins rear shock or a new set of leathers, I can just imagine if the intrernals swap made such a great difference what a whole set of ohlins would feel like. I say worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.