RR07 HESD.... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-20-2010, 3:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

RR07 HESD....

Hello evryone, yes this is my first post! Former 2004 R1 owner, thought I would make a change to a CBR1000 RR, lovely, had Hondas in the past, Hornet, CBR600, VFR800, and now the fireblade.

One thing that I cant get used to, is the HESD unit. I fully understand from a technical perspective what its doing and why its there, I just dont like the auto sensing nature of it and feels odd to me. I have tested it using the test procedure with the throttle and its all ok, as in tightens up from slack at rest. I really feel it on the bike and has cought me unawares a few times.

I had a manual Ohlins on my R1, which was great. I have read some web formus about how to remove the HESD, and either leave the solenoid there, or replace with a resistor, again no problems doing that (have built Caterham 7's and Minis in the past, am a nuts and bolts guy..!).

My question, where can I get an Ohlins for my bike!? Its an 07 Reg CBR1000 RR, currently with the HESD unit that will go soon. Do Ohlins make them for the Fireblade? Any other makes around?

Apart from that the bike is lovely, really really smooth and miles more steering lock than the R1, which is great for my main use - commuting into and around London :-)

Cheers,
Richard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page