Got a 2010 Fireblade, digital silver. Pics Inside - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 05-20-2010, 5:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Got a 2010 Fireblade, digital silver. Pics Inside

Heya !
I bought a sparkling 2010 digi silver Fireblade last week and it has been the best purchase of my life till now. Out here the bike is like super expensive and I paid $30k for this piece of machinery. Now that I have ridden it would willingly pay more than that for this bike !! Sounds crazy, I know.

A question though..

My clutch lever when pulled in sometimes seems to be impeded by something.
When I try to pull in the clutch it feels like the clutch has got a knot in it. Like its not lubed or like I were breaking the cable or something. I just cant describe it well
Lets just say the clutch lever travel is not smooth.
This happens at all speeds and in all gears.
I have not had my earlier bikes do this to me.
Attached Thumbnails
3.jpg‎   4.jpg‎   DSC02003.jpg‎   amby7.jpg‎  

amby13.jpg‎   32.jpg‎   7.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-20-2010, 5:37 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: Got a 2010 Fireblade, digital silver. Pics Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenHut View Post
Out here the bike is like super expensive and I paid $30k for this piece of machinery.
Awesome bike. Thats the color I was drooling over at the dealership.
post #3 of 17 Old 05-20-2010, 5:47 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Nice machine, enjoy her.

Try some wd40 on it and see if that free's her up, if not get back to the dealer's, 30,000k!! i'd have 2 blades for that here!

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 05-20-2010, 8:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10

Nice.
I will swap you for my 2000 model 929, if you like !
My clutch is oh so silky smooth like a nice Southern bourbon............
post #5 of 17 Old 05-21-2010, 9:42 AM Thread Starter

any serious clutch advice ? Its really getting to me now and getting into the way of having fun with the bike. Can Shifting into higher gears at low rpms be the cause ? Like shifting into 6th at 60 kmph ?

I am attaching a few more pics with a sense of making trade with you all in lieu of u giving me answers to my clutch issue
Attached Thumbnails
9.jpg‎   11.jpg‎   21.jpg‎   25.jpg‎  

26.jpg‎  
post #6 of 17 Old 05-21-2010, 1:46 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
any serious clutch advice ? Its really getting to me now and getting into the way of having fun with the bike. Can Shifting into higher gears at low rpms be the cause ? Like shifting into 6th at 60 kmph ?

I am attaching a few more pics with a sense of making trade with you all in lieu of u giving me answers to my clutch issue
Sorry for not trying to help you out with my previous post I guess I was to busy eye balling your ride. Shifting into higher gears at lower speeds with not have any effect on how the clutch lever feels. Only thing that is going to effect the feel at the lever is the cable, the pivot for the clutch lever or something binding inside the clutch itself.
I just had a similar problem with my 97 CBR900. The bolt that the clutch lever pivots on had some corrosion on it and caused the bushing inside the clutch handle to stick to the bolt that it pivots on. It made the clutch very hard to pull in. Not sure that this would happen on your bike because it is new but it is worth checking out. Just remove the clutch lever and check out the bushing inside and the bolt to make sure they are not binding. Other than that I would check out the routing of the clutch cable to make sure it is not binding or being pinched by anything. If all looks good disconnect the clutch cable from the clutch and make sure the cable can be easily moved back and forth with you hand. If not then the clutch cable is defective or needs to be lubed badly. If it moves freely though then your problem is probably in the clutch itself and I would take it back to the dealer and have them repair it since it is under warranty. I have sat on a bike like yours at the dealership by my house and I thought the clutch action was very smooth and easy to pull. I know its not much help but its all I got at the moment.

Last edited by roland5color; 05-21-2010 at 2:10 PM.
post #7 of 17 Old 05-21-2010, 2:06 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Nice ride! Congratulations!

Bad feel in the lever can mean a lot of things. You got some very good advice above. It could be cable, an obstruction or mis-alignment, lubrication or something mechanical in the clutch/transmission setup. Have the dealer look at it first. Don't void your warranty messing with it and make it easy on yourself.

IMHO only.
post #8 of 17 Old 05-21-2010, 2:37 PM

So from ur pics it seems you are in India speak to the service people at Honda they will help out. Also try adjusting the cable, sometimes when you try press the lever due to it not being adjusted properly it seems the cable is pulling back your fingers, this is due to small hands mostly (i.e. if you have smaller hands) so after a point your hands tend to lose the tension. Your bike is in warranty go to Honda they will check it out. If you want contact details PM me...
post #9 of 17 Old 05-21-2010, 3:54 PM

what I meant by adjusting the cable was when you see the clutch cable near the lever there will be a round silver color knob that you can turn to increase/decrease tension. Try that first
post #10 of 17 Old 05-21-2010, 5:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveBlender View Post
So from ur pics it seems you are in India speak to the service people at Honda they will help out. Also try adjusting the cable, sometimes when you try press the lever due to it not being adjusted properly it seems the cable is pulling back your fingers, this is due to small hands mostly (i.e. if you have smaller hands) so after a point your hands tend to lose the tension. Your bike is in warranty go to Honda they will check it out. If you want contact details PM me...
Dood, seriously, small hands ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveBlender View Post
what I meant by adjusting the cable was when you see the clutch cable near the lever there will be a round silver color knob that you can turn to increase/decrease tension. Try that first
I have done that. I aint a total noob

Gonna have to take it to the dealers !

Thanks all !
post #11 of 17 Old 05-22-2010, 5:17 AM

Hmm yes are you surprised small hands could be a problem or that people can have small hands?

People usually change the levers on these things (shortys etc.), I changed mine to have them closer to the grips so that I can have better control.
post #12 of 17 Old 05-22-2010, 5:25 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Beautiful machine. Congrats.

Quote:
Can Shifting into higher gears at low rpms be the cause ? Like shifting into 6th at 60 kmph ?
This is joke? If no, why in the world you are shifting into 6th at only 60 kmh? This machine is not equipt with diesel engine.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-22-2010, 7:26 AM

My 08 has the same notch in it. It will smooth out but I still feel it in mine (only 700 miles on mine so far.
post #14 of 17 Old 05-24-2010, 7:12 AM

Reputation Power: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red08 View Post
Beautiful machine. Congrats.

This is joke? If no, why in the world you are shifting into 6th at only 60 kmh? This machine is not equipt with diesel engine.
I cant imagine the engine bog when you do that!

What a sweet ride!!! I was looking at the new 1000s on Saturday at the dealer...man they are very nice, however, I cant believe how much smaller they are relative to my blade, I love my big tank!
post #15 of 17 Old 05-25-2010, 5:48 AM Thread Starter

guys i dont switch into 6th at 60 kmph all the time. Its a new bike and I am exploring everything that it can do. 6th gear 60kmph btw isnt as bad ! The bike still has a lot of torque to pull you away from there.

The clutch problem was indeed however because of upshifting too soon.
Hondas multi assist slipper clutch doesnt like that resulting in whatever was happening.

Ripped the bike last sunday to my hearts content. Fack the braking is so good on this bike. Steering damper arrested a tank slap too.
Finally all this HONDA technology I paid extra money for is beginning to make a lot of sense to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page