Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

8K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bladeracer 
#1 ·
I was looking into getting a newr bike, and i notice that the CBR 600 is a pretty sweet bike for the price, i also notice the HP is almost the same, question is Stock vs stock, which would win in a race.

#6 ·
On a race track ridden by experienced riders for sure, but on the street, especially in a straight line, the 900 will win. I raced a 06 gsxr 750 for three lights in a row, :nono: and I walked away from him every time, and that was once we were moving, through 3 gears.
I know the 600 is an amazing machine, and in some recent shootouts it lapped faster than the new R1, ZX10, etc, but you would have to be experienced and skillful to keep the engine on the boil. It would be less forgiving.
I can't comment on the comfort, or smoothness, but I would guess the 600 would be better.
I think it is open for debate, that's just my opinion.

#10 · (Edited)
i have a 2002 cbr 954 and was traveling around the island with this guy on a 2007 cbr600rr last year on May 19, 2009. we traveled for 3 days last year and raced off and on all three days. we did 2nd gear roll on's, 3rd gear roll on's, then 4 th gear roll on's. we did this off and on so many times, reaching speeds of 220km an hour that finally, we just got bored of doing them. in every single case--which were too many for me to even begin to count--i could not beat the 2007 600rr.

now remember, i live on an island that has no speed limits!! No police to chase you!! This is not AMERICA nor EUROPE. this is an island where your free to go as fast as you want as long as you don't hurt or kill anyone but yourself. So, believe me when i tell you that this was no "Race to the next stop light!"

i was just as shocked as anyone else would be. so, yes, the new 600's are that quick. and again, i was shocked!

Attachments

#13 ·
Just my 2cents.. A good friend of mine has a 08600RR and on all 3 of my bikes 071k-163rwhp, 081kRR 158rwhp it's stock and 07ZX14 and from start to 140ish he has no trouble keeping up.. The newer 600RR Is a beast and it handles so good. It's not even a choice vs the 900 in anyway.. Just me 2cents..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.