09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-15-2010
Location: Houston
Age: 44
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

I was looking into getting a newr bike, and i notice that the CBR 600 is a pretty sweet bike for the price, i also notice the HP is almost the same, question is Stock vs stock, which would win in a race.
BlackPearl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I was looking into getting a newr bike, and i notice that the CBR 600 is a pretty sweet bike for the price, i also notice the HP is almost the same, question is Stock vs stock, which would win in a race.

Assuming you're talking about the 600RR, the 600 hands down every time.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 3:13 PM
 
Join Date: 08-10-2008
Location: Qaanaaq, Greenland
Age: 50
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12
 
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

If you purchase the 600RR, install the Dynojet IRC.
red08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 4:23 PM
 
Join Date: 12-06-2007
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 31
Posts: 1,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
                   
Send a message via AIM to SoliceDreamer Send a message via MSN to SoliceDreamer Send a message via Yahoo to SoliceDreamer
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

newer tech, lighter, smaller, more aero dynamic and fuel injected...plus its new
SoliceDreamer is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 9:48 PM
 
Join Date: 04-25-2010
Location: US
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 10
 
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

I still like the older blades...

I chose the older blade 4 weeks ago and am 100% happy.
I prefer carbs, but that's just me.
paulybatz is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM
 
Join Date: 02-17-2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14
   
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Assuming you're talking about the 600RR, the 600 hands down every time.
On a race track ridden by experienced riders for sure, but on the street, especially in a straight line, the 900 will win. I raced a 06 gsxr 750 for three lights in a row, and I walked away from him every time, and that was once we were moving, through 3 gears.
I know the 600 is an amazing machine, and in some recent shootouts it lapped faster than the new R1, ZX10, etc, but you would have to be experienced and skillful to keep the engine on the boil. It would be less forgiving.
I can't comment on the comfort, or smoothness, but I would guess the 600 would be better.
I think it is open for debate, that's just my opinion.
Skater! is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater! View Post
On a race track ridden by experienced riders for sure, but on the street, especially in a straight line, the 900 will win. I raced a 06 gsxr 750 for three lights in a row, and I walked away from him every time, and that was once we were moving, through 3 gears.
I know the 600 is an amazing machine, and in some recent shootouts it lapped faster than the new R1, ZX10, etc, but you would have to be experienced and skillful to keep the engine on the boil. It would be less forgiving.
I can't comment on the comfort, or smoothness, but I would guess the 600 would be better.
I think it is open for debate, that's just my opinion.

Raced between street lights?
That isn't racing and more importantly, it's no indication of the abilities of the bikes. All it is is an indication of how immaturely each rider is willing to behave on a public road. Winning under those conditions is not something I'd be bragging about :-)
Go to a racetrack or drag strip and let us know how you get on against a 600RR.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 PM
 
Join Date: 02-17-2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14
   
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Raced between street lights?
That isn't racing and more importantly, it's no indication of the abilities of the bikes. All it is is an indication of how immaturely each rider is willing to behave on a public road. Winning under those conditions is not something I'd be bragging about :-)
Go to a racetrack or drag strip and let us know how you get on against a 600RR.
Not bragging, just giving some info. Immature, yes a bit.
Magazines run the 1/4 on the 600 in 11.10 sec, and a top speed of 160mph, both slower than a 1993 cbr900, let alone a 99 cbr900. The 600 only makes 105 hp, and 42ft-lbs of torque at 11000rpms, hardly drag racing specs.
Skater! is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater! View Post
Not bragging, just giving some info. Immature, yes a bit.
Magazines run the 1/4 on the 600 in 11.10 sec, and a top speed of 160mph, both slower than a 1993 cbr900, let alone a 99 cbr900. The 600 only makes 105 hp, and 42ft-lbs of torque at 11000rpms, hardly drag racing specs.
In '08 Sport Rider has the 600RR at 10.52 and 131.4mph.
Honda Motorcycle Performance Numbers & Honda Street Bike Quarter Mile Times at Sport Rider
What time do the magazines give the 900RR then?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
 
Join Date: 03-22-2008
Location: dominican republic/Oslo, Norway
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12
 
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

i have a 2002 cbr 954 and was traveling around the island with this guy on a 2007 cbr600rr last year on May 19, 2009. we traveled for 3 days last year and raced off and on all three days. we did 2nd gear roll on's, 3rd gear roll on's, then 4 th gear roll on's. we did this off and on so many times, reaching speeds of 220km an hour that finally, we just got bored of doing them. in every single case--which were too many for me to even begin to count--i could not beat the 2007 600rr.

now remember, i live on an island that has no speed limits!! No police to chase you!! This is not AMERICA nor EUROPE. this is an island where your free to go as fast as you want as long as you don't hurt or kill anyone but yourself. So, believe me when i tell you that this was no "Race to the next stop light!"

i was just as shocked as anyone else would be. so, yes, the new 600's are that quick. and again, i was shocked!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05776.JPG‎  

Last edited by frank; 05-25-2010 at 7:16 AM.
frank is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
 
Join Date: 02-17-2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14
   
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
In '08 Sport Rider has the 600RR at 10.52 and 131.4mph.
Honda Motorcycle Performance Numbers & Honda Street Bike Quarter Mile Times at Sport Rider
What time do the magazines give the 900RR then?
[email protected]
I just read a MotorCyclist review and the 600 has a claimed (not measured) 120hp, but that doesn't say crank or rear wheel.
That chart you attached is pretty cool. The 05 600 actually did a 10.49 1/4. What really amazed me are the roll ons. I would have thought the larger bikes would walk away from the 600, but no.
I know on a track it's no contest, the 600 will win. Now I'm not sure about the strip. Looks like the 600 might have the edge.
Blackpearl, try both before you decide.
Skater! is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater! View Post
[email protected]
I just read a MotorCyclist review and the 600 has a claimed (not measured) 120hp, but that doesn't say crank or rear wheel.
That chart you attached is pretty cool. The 05 600 actually did a 10.49 1/4. What really amazed me are the roll ons. I would have thought the larger bikes would walk away from the 600, but no.
I know on a track it's no contest, the 600 will win. Now I'm not sure about the strip. Looks like the 600 might have the edge.
Blackpearl, try both before you decide.

Claimed power is Bhp at the crank.
Power to the ground is hp. With modern sportsbikes you're looking at 10-12% losses between the crank and the ground.
Torque is irrelevant. The smaller engine may not have any more power but it spins up to it's peak so much faster that it can use all it has before the larger engines get there.
Even on a modern litre bike you have to work to stay with the 600's.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 AM
 
Join Date: 08-05-2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 37
                     
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Just my 2cents.. A good friend of mine has a 08600RR and on all 3 of my bikes 071k-163rwhp, 081kRR 158rwhp it's stock and 07ZX14 and from start to 140ish he has no trouble keeping up.. The newer 600RR Is a beast and it handles so good. It's not even a choice vs the 900 in anyway.. Just me 2cents..
Maholli is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 9:35 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 01-15-2010
Location: Houston
Age: 44
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
In '08 Sport Rider has the 600RR at 10.52 and 131.4mph.
Honda Motorcycle Performance Numbers & Honda Street Bike Quarter Mile Times at Sport Rider
What time do the magazines give the 900RR then?
WOW i was just looking over the chart mannnnn that 600RR is Bad ass, it just look like technogly wins evertime, i like my 900 but i am really thinking about that 600rr, it looks like everyone that came across one could not pull away unless you on the bigger bikes like the Busa or Zx14, and i dont like those too much of a crusier anyway..............i'm thinking 08' 600rr next year, thanks guys for all the input, i dont think i'll try any of the 600 guys out there
BlackPearl is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 05-25-2010, 9:42 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: 09' 600 vs. 99' 900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
WOW i was just looking over the chart mannnnn that 600RR is Bad ass, it just look like technogly wins evertime, i like my 900 but i am really thinking about that 600rr, it looks like everyone that came across one could not pull away unless you on the bigger bikes like the Busa or Zx14, and i dont like those too much of a crusier anyway..............i'm thinking 08' 600rr next year, thanks guys for all the input, i dont think i'll try any of the 600 guys out there

All of the modern 600 sports bikes have similar performance.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headlight conversion 95 900RR-98 900RR jamilrahman Honda FireBlade 10 11-18-2013 8:22 PM
1998-99 CBR 900RR face to 1996-1997 CBR 900RR mech5398 Honda FireBlade 26 02-04-2013 4:47 AM
Can I put a 1999 Cbr 900rr motor on a 1995 cbr 900rr frame? megan_miler707 Honda FireBlade 5 08-13-2012 10:42 PM
Can I put a 1999 Cbr 900rr motor on a 1995 cbr 900rr frame? megan_miler707 General Discussion 2 05-21-2009 10:14 PM
99 900RR ENGINE INTO A 97 900RR ? DALTON900RR Honda FireBlade 2 07-20-2007 11:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome