cbr 929 vfr swingarm swap - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-26-2010, 7:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

cbr 929 vfr swingarm swap

is there anyone that has done the 800vfr swingarm swap on a 929. i have several questions. everything ive read about the 954 swap is that you have to shave off 1/4 in off the inside of the swingarm to get it to fit. is that the same for the 929. the only thing that see you would have to shave are the guide collars that slide in the swing arm. if you want to give me a call that would be great 330-233-0523. i also am trying to figure out how to get the hub out of the swingarm so i can get the swingarm powder coated after any modifications.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: cbr 929 vfr swingarm swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracing9 View Post
is there anyone that has done the 800vfr swingarm swap on a 929. i have several questions. everything ive read about the 954 swap is that you have to shave off 1/4 in off the inside of the swingarm to get it to fit. is that the same for the 929. the only thing that see you would have to shave are the guide collars that slide in the swing arm. if you want to give me a call that would be great 330-233-0523. i also am trying to figure out how to get the hub out of the swingarm so i can get the swingarm powder coated after any modifications.

thanks in advance.
the process is same as you read for the 954 conversions and yes you do have to shave of swing arm from inside(BOTHSIDES) to make it fit and for free movement!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page