I need help making my seat sit right - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-26-2010, 9:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

I need help making my seat sit right

Hey everybody, I've got a dumb question. I bought my 94 900rr used. The passenger seat /storage compartment cover has never sat completely level. If you are standing behind the bike, the right side of the seat is slightly higher than the left (sits just higher off of the plastic base). It is not a problem and my wife can sit back there without a problem, but it drives me NUTS! I want the bike to look as perfect as it rides, and I've been obsessing about this little flaw. I've looked several times, and so far haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions (other than the smart arse ones that I know are coming - like look forward while riding so that you don't see it, etc )?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-05-2010, 9:31 PM Thread Starter

Re: I need help making my seat sit right

Hello, Mcfly! Anybody home? (Shameless bump)
post #3 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 9:30 PM

Reputation Power: 0

On a '97 I had the problem of the entire passenger seat being too high, leaving a large gap beneath it. I grabbed the underside of the subframe with one hand and pushed down on the seat with the heel of the other; then the other and it helped a lot. Idon't know what would have caused it but the bracket material is fairly lightweight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 8:58 PM Thread Starter

I tried "manual manipulation" and am about ready to progress to BFH tweeking technique. Thanks for the recommendation though.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-19-2010, 9:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

A wise airframer one told me, if you can't fix it, grab a big hammer, if that doesn't fix it, grab a sledge, if that doesn't work, scrap it it's unfixable.....

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."
post #6 of 8 Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Hi Matt

Did you ever get an answer to this as i have the same issue and its bugging the hell out of me!!
post #7 of 8 Old 11-01-2010, 7:46 PM

I'll have to go along with this one , mine does the same damn thing and it drives me insane!! Luckily I'm picking up a 99 and just maybe it wont have that prob.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-01-2010, 8:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to unfetteredmight

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatt01 View Post
Hey everybody, I've got a dumb question. I bought my 94 900rr used. The passenger seat /storage compartment cover has never sat completely level. If you are standing behind the bike, the right side of the seat is slightly higher than the left (sits just higher off of the plastic base). It is not a problem and my wife can sit back there without a problem, but it drives me NUTS! I want the bike to look as perfect as it rides, and I've been obsessing about this little flaw. I've looked several times, and so far haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions (other than the smart arse ones that I know are coming - like look forward while riding so that you don't see it, etc )?
First you could shim it to level it up. Secondly, the sub frame and/or bracket are probably bent.

Tape measures and carpenter squares are your friend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page