'01 929RR front signal problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 1:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

'01 929RR front signal problem

I purchased the bike with flushmount signals installed in the front. I notice from the stock wiring harness that there are two separate plug in's for EACH signal (one side is orange with another white connector, the other side is blue with a white connector). When I plug them into the coloured connectors, nothing works (with the signals on obviously), and the two white connectors don't plug into anything.

I understand that the front STOCK signals were wired from the factory to be always on with the headlights and flash as signals.

The flushmounts were glued into the front fairings (dumb) - so without butchering the fairing, can I make them work without them always being on?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 5:32 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Re: '01 929RR front signal problem

what you have to remember is these are ment to be on all the time....and flash when you indicate, correct. so what you are doing is cutting the circuit (taking the power away and returning it) that makes it flash.
A normal circuit feeds power to the indicator to make them flash (ie buy putting power to the led ) making them flash.
so i think you need to (A) change the relay (led version) (B) only use the wires from the relay not the permanant live which feeds the indicators.
hope that makes sence

What goes around, comes around.....
post #3 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 6:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK-ITFC View Post
what you have to remember is these are ment to be on all the time....and flash when you indicate, correct. so what you are doing is cutting the circuit (taking the power away and returning it) that makes it flash.
A normal circuit feeds power to the indicator to make them flash (ie buy putting power to the led ) making them flash.
so i think you need to (A) change the relay (led version) (B) only use the wires from the relay not the permanant live which feeds the indicators.
hope that makes sence
Thanks for the reply Rick...

The flushmounts in the fairing are not LED's. Are you saying that the stock front signals should be a single filament bulb? ie, when they are on all the time, they won't get any brighter no matter whether the signal switch is on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 7:44 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Right did some checking most flush mounts are led not filament, but as yours are make sure bulb ok and that it is a twin filament , the standard fittings have three wires going to each indicator one will be the earth and the other two live (as i am colour blind i cant help you with the colours sorry) i think the green is earth and the orange with white stipe is live for the indicator, and the blue with white stripe is live for the right indicator the relay feeds the earth to switch the indicators off and on . If these are wired correctly you proberly need a new relay....let me know how you get on

What goes around, comes around.....
post #5 of 7 Old 06-05-2010, 9:03 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks Rick. I've checked the honda microfiche and indeed the signals have two connectors for each side. I think I'll just try and pick up some stock signals (that haven't been hacked up) and try them out. Flushmounts aren't my thing, ESPECIALLY when they aren't wired up properly.

Cheers
post #6 of 7 Old 06-06-2010, 1:50 PM

If they are double filament- Left = Green = ground
Orange = signal light
Orange & White = running light

Right = Green = ground
Blue = signal light
Blue & White = running light
If you don't want your running lights on or have single filament bulbs, just do not hook up the O/W and B/W wires.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-06-2010, 2:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke33 View Post
If they are double filament- Left = Green = ground
Orange = signal light
Orange & White = running light

Right = Green = ground
Blue = signal light
Blue & White = running light
If you don't want your running lights on or have single filament bulbs, just do not hook up the O/W and B/W wires.
Nice! This clears it up nicely. Problem is, Honda has a different connector for the ground on each signal. Hence, the dual connector for each signal.

If I just want signals (no running lights), I have to bust open the stock honda connector, get rid of the running light and then wire up the ground in its place right?

I want to keep it stock, I just need to source out some stock FRONT signals that will plug and play. Honda has obviously wanted the running lights for a reason.

Cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page