HTEV cables? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

HTEV cables?

What the heck do you do with them after putting on your brand new full Hindle? Just let them dangle where they are? I know they have to be able to move or you'll get an FI error. What did you guys do with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 10:05 AM

Re: HTEV cables?

Remove the cables, but leave the servo alone. You'll need to lift your tank, and lift your airbox a little to remove the cables from the bottom of it. Then plug the hole.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
Remove the cables, but leave the servo alone. You'll need to lift your tank, and lift your airbox a little to remove the cables from the bottom of it. Then plug the hole.
Are we talking about the same thing? I mean the cables going to the exhaust valve, not the flapper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
I didn't have to lift anything to remove my cables and there were no holes to plug. The cables come off easy enough....you just have to get some slack in the cable and find the correct slot so that the cable end slides up and out of the servo. Don't forget to mark the position of the servo before you move it. I used a long thin flat blade screwdriver to help move the cable end up the channel on the servo. Piece of cake.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGal
I didn't have to lift anything to remove my cables and there were no holes to plug. The cables come off easy enough....you just have to get some slack in the cable and find the correct slot so that the cable end slides up and out of the servo. Don't forget to mark the position of the servo before you move it. I used a long thin flat blade screwdriver to help move the cable end up the channel on the servo. Piece of cake.
Ahhh......I see, I didn't think about taking them off the servo, I just figured everybody stached them somewhere out of sight. That would make it easier to reinstall the stock exhaust if you ever sell the bike. Thanks, HG!
post #6 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke
Ahhh......I see, I didn't think about taking them off the servo, I just figured everybody stached them somewhere out of sight. That would make it easier to reinstall the stock exhaust if you ever sell the bike. Thanks, HG!
Glad to help!
post #7 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Are we talking about the same thing? I mean the cables going to the exhaust valve, not the flapper.
Sorry! Most people remove the flapper at the same time, so that's what I thought you meant.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-14-2004, 1:42 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking of just 'tucking' the flapper instead of removing it.
post #9 of 15 Old 01-23-2004, 12:53 PM

Reputation Power: 17

You don't have to lift the tank, unless you want to deal with the Flapper in the airbox. If you look carefully on the left side under the back of the gas tank and frame opening you will see the "servo". Take a sharpie marker pen, and put a mark on the servo and on a fixed point above it. (just in case it moves--you can reset it back to where it was). The trick to removing the cables is that they remove from the TOP, not the bottom. Pull all the slack from the hanging cables so that you can see where the ends are located on the servo. Takes about 10 min if the cables are loose at the bottom.
Sugoi8
post #10 of 15 Old 01-23-2004, 1:51 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Yup, what HondaGal said. I removed my flapper cable by accident, not realizing at first what it was. I just hooked it back up again, as I've left the flapper in place. You may need to find a new place to hook the idle control knob, at least I did on my 929. I just clipped it to something else. All is good!
post #11 of 15 Old 01-23-2004, 2:35 PM

I romoved the flapper when I did my exhaust. I removed the entire grooved piece the cables sit in from the servo. There was an allen head set screw that attached it to the servo motor. The motor spins as normal and I have the cables in the correct positions still attached to the HTEV if I ever go back to stock.
post #12 of 15 Old 01-23-2004, 2:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
Yup, what HondaGal said. I removed my flapper cable by accident, not realizing at first what it was. I just hooked it back up again, as I've left the flapper in place. You may need to find a new place to hook the idle control knob, at least I did on my 929. I just clipped it to something else. All is good!
Did you 'tuck' the flapper or is it still functional? Yeah, I found another cable close enough to clip the idle adjuster to. If I ever sell the bike I hope someone makes a good enough offer that I'll leave the pipe and PC3 on it; it'll be a PITA to get that HTEV crap back on right! Thanks for the advice and hopefully I'll see you gals at Gratten!
post #13 of 15 Old 01-23-2004, 2:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillAce
I romoved the flapper when I did my exhaust. I removed the entire grooved piece the cables sit in from the servo. There was an allen head set screw that attached it to the servo motor. The motor spins as normal and I have the cables in the correct positions still attached to the HTEV if I ever go back to stock.
Ah hell, that would be the easiest way to go.......now ya tell me!
post #14 of 15 Old 01-23-2004, 5:28 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Did you 'tuck' the flapper or is it still functional? Yeah, I found another cable close enough to clip the idle adjuster to. If I ever sell the bike I hope someone makes a good enough offer that I'll leave the pipe and PC3 on it; it'll be a PITA to get that HTEV crap back on right! Thanks for the advice and hopefully I'll see you gals at Gratten!
I left my flapper functional, at least for the time being. Everything I read on here seemed to indicate it didn't make much difference one way or the other. I haven't blocked off the pair valve either, although I have those things from Dan K.

If you're going to Grattan, we'll see you there for sure! We're definites!
post #15 of 15 Old 02-16-2004, 1:57 AM

I've removed the flapper, the servo, and everything else associated with that. Anybody have an idea how I can fake out the ecu so I do not get the FI light?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page