954 Clock and Trip meter reset - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 1:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 Clock and Trip meter reset

I started up last night to head home from work and a few miles later noticed the clock flashing (ie reset) and the trip meter had been reset as well.

Okay I didn't notice it when I jumped on bu by the reading it looked like between parking in the morning and starting up in the evening there was reset. Exactly like what would happen if you disconnected the battery.

Now it started fine so it wasn't a low battery and it was also fine this morning. I park within the building car park which is secure and there appeared to be no signs of attempted theft etc.

So any suggestions on what this could be.

It's an 02 model with about 21,000 km on it.

Magic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 3:26 PM

Re: 954 Clock and Trip meter reset

Probably someone around the bike & pressing the two buttons to loose time & trip meter.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 3:41 PM

Personally I do not like all the digital stuff on the 929/954 for it can go whammy on its own or be accidently tripped by yourself to even someone that might press one or two buttons.

True the larger speedo numbers are good, but I ride a '97 Yamaha 600r with normal clocks & that is what I would prefer on my 929. True speed, tach 'clocks', heat elements, trip meter, & to 'ell with a clock, for time of the day, one must set twice a yr for most of us have a wristwatch & can judge time as we have in past yrs.

Just a fraction of a glance at the two 600r clocks & I know my speed & revs while at times I can be fooled by the numbers like 3, 6, 8, & 9. Even worse is if someone trips the speed from your MPH or KPH to the very opposit. My preference is a temp gauge like in a car being simple with a few numbers & the red mark it the needle is coming to close. Besides who, when riding has the time to look closely at the temp gauge numbers & still be keeping their eye on the traffic & road?

Something I have noted is ONLY from 929 & 954 bike owners do we hear the constant questions about the engine being to hot as they read the numbers & have NOT read the owner's manual!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-19-2004, 6:22 PM Thread Starter

Yeah my initial thoughts was someone playing, but they'll need to do some fairly intrusive "playing" to cause a reset. It hasn't done it again since so I'll wait until next service and mention it then.

And if I ever get time I'll do a complete strip and clean (the bike that is) and check every connecter etc.

Thanks.

Magic

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page