CBR1000RR MotoConNews - First Impressions article
For those that get Motorcycle Consumer News, they have a 'First Impressions' article on the bike. It's interesting.
The editor also dedicated his editorial to it as well. Apperently a very impressive machine.
Some of the interesting tidbits:
* Euro info on the bikes that have to meet stricter standards than we do indicated 169 HP (meets Euro 2 spec). They asserted the the US bikes would be measureable more powerful.
* New BT014 hides are supposed to be pretty nice. They also debut the new BT002 track tires (unfortuantly nothing emperical to report)
* HSED made the bike super stable. Took any wag or squirliness out, making for rock-solid handling.
* Honda narrowed the valve angle from 25 -> 23.5 degrees (looks like this is the new trend)
* "..at the end of the day I wasn't the only journalist to say the CBR1000RR was the best bike I'd ever ridden on the track"
Motorcycle Consumer News - Volume 35 - February 2004
Last edited by Holeshot; 01-16-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Reason: duh.. forgot to put CBR in the title!!!