Banjo Bolt on MC w/Bleeder for stock lines? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 1:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Banjo Bolt on MC w/Bleeder for stock lines?

I did some searching and I read where some have ordered LP Banjo Bolt for (assuming) stock Master Cylinder. I want to go the cheap route for right now and later maybe get the stainless steel braided lines. I do have air in the system now and I'm going to finally install my new EBC HH pads.

Can someone help with the correct part from Lockhart as to the size and verify that these will work with stock brake line master cylinder?

Lockhart's Banjo Bolt web page

Any issues with "Goodridge bolt is only compatible with Goodridge lines"?

If this will work, which Part No.? (don't worry, I won't ask you to hold my hand as I order them as well )

Last edited by SuperDave; 01-16-2004 at 2:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 1:52 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: Banjo Bolt on MC w/Bleeder for stock lines?

Get a stainless steel one for the master cylinder and get it with the bleeder. The sizing is pretty standard. You might even be able to get your local bike/auto parts place to get it for you.

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
post #3 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 4:10 PM

The stock brakes have only 1 line coming off of the master cylinder...aftermarket lines (Galfer & Goodridge, for example) will have 2 lines coming off the master cylinder. You won't be able to use your single line bleeder with them.

Galfer's come with a bleeder in the kit. I don't believe Goodridge does. Why spend the $$ if you're going to need to get another one if you decide to use Goodridge lines in the future. It's a waste of $ for you to get one now, IMHO.

edit: Galfer & Goodridge use different size bolts.

Last edited by HondaGal; 01-16-2004 at 4:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-16-2004, 4:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGal
The stock brakes have only 1 line coming off of the master cylinder...aftermarket lines (Galfer & Goodridge, for example) will have 2 lines coming off the master cylinder. You won't be able to use your single line bleeder with them.

Galfer's come with a bleeder in the kit. I don't believe Goodridge does. Why spend the $$ if you're going to need to get another one if you decide to use Goodridge lines in the future. It's a waste of $ for you to get one now, IMHO.

edit: Galfer & Goodridge use different size bolts.
Yea, I knew there is only one line coming off the master cylinder (hence the link to their single goodridge bolt versus their double banjo). I read Trackho spent $13 for a bleeder bolt and I thought I could spend $20 instead of $100 and kep my stock lines. I just didn't know if it worked on the stock setup versus the SS lines. Basically I want to just be able to totally bleed all the air from the system at the mc. Thanks for the response all the same.

(I'm out of here, have a good weekend everyone)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page