Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

bent flywheel and stator,, charging system not working????

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lynn929rr 
#1 ·
My 929rr isn't recharging itself.... I guess the guy I bought it from laid it down and bent the flywheel a little..... A little oil has been coming out of the crack in the old cover but hasn't been a problem...... I bought a new cover and rectifier regulator to try to fix this problem of recharging but haven't put them on yet....where can I buy a new flywheel?????? Any help would be much!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Have you actually done the tests on the stator to determine that it's not putting out AC voltage?

#5 ·
I agree with Bladeracer, Check it out before you spend the money. The flywheel may be ok as well as the stator or worse case scenario the nose on the crank may have been bent in the crash, Electrical parts are not returnable. I would save some guess work and check it out first, The odds of the crank or flywheel being bent are slim. That would take one hell of a fall and I would think do more than crack the stator cover, Larry {Bladeracer} knows these bikes well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.