Turn Signal problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 2:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Turn Signal problem

I'm in the process of changing my front signals to LP flush mounts single filament (no running lights). If I hook the flush mounts up to the signal wire connector the blinker on the speedo will flash regardless if the turn signal is activated. When the turn signal is activated the flush mount will not blink. Flush mounts don't work at all. If I take one of the flush mount wires connect to the signal wire and the other to ground (one of the levers) it will work.

If I put the stock signals back on without the running lamp wire they won't work. So I'm guessing the running lamp is providing a ground; but with only one wire? I'm figuring this is simple but I can't figure it out. I don't wan't to hack everything and jimmy rig one of the leads to chasis to make it work so I ask you. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 2:51 PM

Re: Turn Signal problem

if i remember right....

fronts have 3 wires, turn signal, ground, and running light. Cap the running light (you won't be using it), then hook up the turn signal wire and ground wire to the LP flushmount. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 2:53 PM Thread Starter

That's what I'm saying. If I just hook it up like you would expect it to be hooked up the blinker on the speedo will flash regardless if the turn signal is activated. When the turn signal is activated the flush mount will not blink at all. One wire connected and the other to ground...Viola..works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 3:24 PM
dB

I'm not much help except to recommend that you check out Flasher2001's instructions on the wiring. Also, see related threads below.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 3:26 PM

If you truly hooked it up like Booth described, it should work. I think you have your wires crossed (literally speaking).
post #6 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 3:30 PM

Do you have flushmounts on the rear? (might need a resistor)
post #7 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 4:14 PM

Reputation Power: 31

I also seem to recall that sometimes LP doesn't label their wires correctly. The ground wire will be on the outside of the bulb socket, the positive wire for the blinkers will run to the center of the bulb socket. So, LP may have their wires crossed!
post #8 of 11 Old 01-20-2004, 8:18 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for the info.. it lead me to try different combos that I didn't think of before..but still no dice.

With rear brake light and rear signals disconnected....

Front stock signals work only with running lamp wire connected. That means, running lamps are on, blinks only when activated, no funky speedo problem(normal). If I take out the running lamp lead the running lamps turn off (obviously), still no funky dash action, and they don't blink when activated.

LP flush mounts: both leads hooked up- funky dash action going on whether selected or not. Light does not blink regardless if selected or not. Only way to get light to blink like it's suppose to is to have one wire connected and the other to a metel surface on the bike. Turning bulb around has no affect.

My last bike didn't have this problem..

Last edited by ie6x; 01-20-2004 at 8:19 PM.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-22-2004, 9:26 PM

Reputation Power: 16

GO BACK 3 PAGES IN THIS FORUM AND LOOK AT THE THREAD.
!!!!!!!!!! HEP WITH FLUSHMOUNTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST FINISHED PUTTING THEM ON MY 954 AND HAD SOME PROBLEMS DON'T GO BY THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE LOCKHART PHILLIPS PACKAGE I FOUND THAT THEY HAD SOLDERED THE WIRES WRONG ON THE ONES THAT I USED AFTER I FOUND THAT OUT IT WAS PRETTY EASY, ALSO YOU CAN BUY BAYONETT ADAPTERS TO CONNECT YOUR WIRES TO THE BIKE WIREING HARNESS, I GOT THEM AT RADIO SHACK, I WENT WITH THE THREE WIRE LIGHTS SO I WOULD HAVE RUNNING LIGHTS. IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS ** PM ME **AND I CAN SEND YOU MORE INFO
post #10 of 11 Old 01-23-2004, 1:03 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist
GO BACK 3 PAGES IN THIS FORUM AND LOOK AT THE THREAD.
!!!!!!!!!! HEP WITH FLUSHMOUNTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST FINISHED PUTTING THEM ON MY 954 AND HAD SOME PROBLEMS DON'T GO BY THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE LOCKHART PHILLIPS PACKAGE I FOUND THAT THEY HAD SOLDERED THE WIRES WRONG ON THE ONES THAT I USED AFTER I FOUND THAT OUT IT WAS PRETTY EASY, ALSO YOU CAN BUY BAYONETT ADAPTERS TO CONNECT YOUR WIRES TO THE BIKE WIREING HARNESS, I GOT THEM AT RADIO SHACK, I WENT WITH THE THREE WIRE LIGHTS SO I WOULD HAVE RUNNING LIGHTS. IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS ** PM ME **AND I CAN SEND YOU MORE INFO

STOP YELLING at me

Do unto others, before some prick does it to you!

post #11 of 11 Old 01-23-2004, 12:01 PM

Reputation Power: 16

sup guys. I got a problem doing that back turn signals. I got an LED back and i connected everything and the left turn signal is fine but then when i did the right, it stays on. When i turn the blinker on or off it stays on but the front is fine. I think im gonna just wire it to the front blinker, unless you guys know what it is? thanx any help HELPS lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page