code 18 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 1:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

code 18 929

my o1 929 is throwing code 18. does anyone know what it could possibly be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 1:33 PM

Reputation Power: 11

Re: code 18 929

just checked my 954 manaul and it says its a loose or poor connection on the cam sensor, hope that helps
post #3 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 2:25 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks ill check that. i have also been having other problems with my bike as well. the number four plug will not fire. ive switched the individual coils around and all of them work on 1 2 and 3 but none will work on four. ive put a new pulser and rotor in it and still nothing. ive went and bought two used ecu boxes and still no fire. i just dont think that there is no way that two boxes have the same problem. i check fire going to the coil and that checks out and ive check it coming out going to the ecu and that checks out. what the heck could it be? any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 5:17 PM

Hi, so did i get this right, you have a signal to the # 4 coil when firing but no spark at plug, if so could you have a bad plug, what about the connector have you cleaned it out it might not be making contact with the coil.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-04-2011, 9:59 AM Thread Starter

well i thought the same thing. new plugs all the way across and just to make sure i took the plug from num four and put it in num three and it fired. i just checked pretty much all of my connections. i rechecked the onboard computer and now it is throwing codes 7 8 and 9 and codes 17 18 19 and 34 if i remember correcly i have them wrote down but i do not have them with me. this thing is killin me lol
post #6 of 6 Old 01-04-2011, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclegut89 View Post
well i thought the same thing. new plugs all the way across and just to make sure i took the plug from num four and put it in num three and it fired. i just checked pretty much all of my connections. i rechecked the onboard computer and now it is throwing codes 7 8 and 9 and codes 17 18 19 and 34 if i remember correcly i have them wrote down but i do not have them with me. this thing is killin me lol
hi,
I had an electric problem on my 954 for about 2 or 3 months, it just wasnt firing. well I kept at it and i sorted it, it ended up been a loose connection. I had checked them all about ten times before i found it, so i know where your coming from, an electric problem just wrecks your head. So if i was you i would just take your time and check all the connection and clean them all it has to be one cause those blade never fail, i bet its something simple, and i know that easy for me to say now but when you find it you'll think that it was simple too. all those code numbers are to do with your ignition, there is a loose connections on just about everthing. just go at them one at a time , there are 2 in the air box the map sensor and not sure what the name of the other one is.there is throttle position sensor,the pusle sensor,the cam sensor. do you have a manual for the bike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page