My new '07 Blade! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2011, 4:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

My new '07 Blade!

Hi guys.

Well I got home last night after picking up a (new to me) '07 CBR1000RR....what a machine! Coming from the 929, it feels so much more agile, espescially at low speeds. Throttle response is quicker, smoother....the hydraulic clutch is like sex! I really can't tell much difference at all in the ergo's, but everyone has been telling me how much harsher it is to ride long distance than the 929...meh. The biggest downside is the lack of trunk space - something the 929 had ample. I can't even fit my disc lock!

Anyway, a couple of things...Riding on the highway in top gear, at around 4500-5800rpm, there is a rather loud whining/whistling noise when under power. I don't know what it is, or if it's supposed to be there, as I have not taken another 1000rr on the highway before, but I was a little concerned. Any ideas?

Next thing, the previous owner has changed sprockets to 15/42 which makes the speedo over-read about 14% (going by gps). I've been looking everywhere, but I can't seem to find a difinitive answer on the stock sprocket sizes for an Australian 07 1000rr. I saw reference to 16/42 for US bikes, but I know the 929 had different sprocket sizes for AU vs US.

If that is correct, would it be reasonable to assume the chain would be long enough to fit a 16t front back on? I do mainly touring, so would like the slightly lower fuel usage that ~700rpm less would bring.

Other than that, I'm really happy. Looking to get the Saddlemen Tech seat - any experiences? I can only find reviews for the "Sport" seat.
Will fit the Throttlemeister today. Looking at some convertibars/helibars eventually to save the back/wrists on long rides.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0521.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2011, 6:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Re: My new '07 Blade!

If the previous owner dropped a tooth in the front then what you are hearing is the sprocket. Stock sprockets come with dampening rubber on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page